3 Feel-Good TV Shows To Watch When You're Feeling Overwhelmed That Will Instantly Give You A Laugh

Because sometimes the only thing that will make you feel better is a thirty minute sitcom.

541
FOX

With school having just started and coronavirus still prevalent, it is easy to feel stressed and overwhelmed with everything going on.

Sometimes those feelings can make it impossible to concentrate on work or be productive leaving you unsure of what you should do with your time.

While some try to power through, I take a different approach when I get in this state and watch an episode of a sitcom that doesn't require much brainpower or attention.

Over the years, I have watched dozens of shows, and here are some that always make me feel better.

1. "New Girl"

"New Girl" follows Jessica Day who moves into a loft with three random men she met off of craigslist after a tragic event.

The show has a storyline that's captivating enough to keep you interested but not so captivating that you instantly become addicted and can't focus on anything else.

This show always makes me feel better and one episode is enough to lift my mood and make me want to become more productive.

2. "Parks and Recreation"

"Parks and Recreation" is found on Netflix and Hulu. I love watching the always enthusiastic Leslie Knope guide her parks department through the challenges and triumphs that come with being an underfunded government department.

Watching this show always makes me feel inspired to be productive because Leslie Knope is always motivating her parks department to try their best and work hard. If you are looking for a show that is light and funny, this is the one for you.

3. "The Office"

"The Office" which is on Netflix. While most people who have seen it find it funny all of the time, I only find it funny when I am feeling down and depressed.

Michael Scott and his wacky and cringy jokes make it easy for me to forget about my problems for a while. This show is one where I can only watch one episode and become instantly motivated again.

If you are someone who watches "The Office" religiously and are feeling down and overwhelmed, just try watching one episode.

There you have it, the shows that always make me feel better. By switching off between these three shows when I'm feeling overwhelmed, I am able to make myself feel better to the point where I can start to be productive again.

I hope this helps and have a great first week of the semester!