5 Christmas Songs To Put You In The Spirit

Everyone needs a good Christmas playlist.

16
Simply Muzo

The most wonderful time of the year is coming ever nearer, and undoubtedly the best part of the holidays (other than family, presents, and tons of food) is the music! Holiday songs have been around for generations, making it a festive tradition to listen to Christmas songs as soon as cold weather and Thanksgiving roll around.

5. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"

Because who could get sick of this classic kid's tune that has been around since Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5? This is a bona fide Christmas classic that was written in 1934 by John Fredrick Coots and Haven Gillespie. There are many different versions of the song, but Michael Bublè's milky vocals have perfectly modernized this old radio hit and have turned it into a classic that will live on forever.

4. "Little Drummer Boy (Peace On Earth)"

This is a legendary Christmas song that should always make it onto your Christmas playlist. The classic, unique perspective of the Drummer Boy telling the tale of meeting baby Jesus Christ is something that has been passed down through generations. It will never get old.

3. "I'll Be Home for Christmas"

This song is sure to get you in your feelings this Holiday season. It was written during World War II in the 1940s, depicting the feelings of soldiers stationed away from home during Christmas time. It is still relevant today for families who can't be with their loved ones during the holidays for any reason. This song has many different "soldier coming home" videos on YouTube that are bound to spark a few tears.

2. "Last Christmas"

This is a classic song for the people who can't stop holding a grudge over their ex. It can be sad, although it's super catchy and upbeat. This song has been covered by tons of various, diverse superstars, ranging from Taylor Swift to the cast of " Glee" and Coldplay.

1. "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

Mariah Carey should be crowned the Queen of Christmas for this amazing song, amongst her holiday album classics. Her angelic voice can hit all the perfect high notes, making this without a doubt one of the best Christmas songs of all time. This tune has also been covered by several different pop sensations, most notably Justin Bieber, who featured her in a duet/music video for an "All I Want For Christmas Is You" rendition.

For some, Christmas time is all about nostalgia and good tidings. It's important to have a good holiday soundtrack lined up to listen to for any occasion. So, the next time you're looking for some holiday cheer, look no further than this list of classics.