best Asian restaurants in dc

Best Asian Fusion Restaurants in D.C.

I've had my share of Asian food, but here are my top favorites that I've had in DC.

12

Washington D.C. is known for its fusion restaurants, particularly Asian fusion restaurants. Whether they be Asian with a modern twist or a mingling of different Asian (or otherwise) cultures, Asian fusion places run aplenty in the city.

*in no particular order

1. Haikan | V St NW

Haikan is a cozy but elegant Japanese ramen place with a modern flavor. My favorite is the Spicy Shoyu Ramen. Appetizers, such as Amazu-Veggies and Roasted Kabocha Squash are rich in flavor and fresh in products. The desserts are a win all around, too. I usually get the ramen cookie (cookie made of ramen noodles) or the mochi.

2. Rasika | Penn Quarter

Clean and classy, Rasika serves Indian food. When my sister and I went there after watching Hamilton, we got the Kale Uttapam for a starter (it was delicious), and the Fish Chili Garlic (so succulent). We finished off with Gulab Jamun, which were very sweet so if you have a sweet tooth, check out Rasika.

3. Pho 14 | Park Road NW

The best pho place I have ever been to. It looks like a hole in the wall, but trust me when I say that the broth and the meat and the veggies do not taste like plastic or full of MSG.

4. Far East Taco Grille | Florida Ave NW

You may have seen this place because it is also a taco food truck! Classic Mexican tacos are infused with Korean flavors, and the combination is enough to drool over. I usually get the tofu tacos, with corn, beans, lettuce, and all the spicy sauces drizzled on top, and it is glorious.

5. Thip Khao | 14th St NW

Thip Khao is for anyone who loves Laotian food or have never tried Laotian food. Be warned, though: there is a lot of food that may be very unfamiliar. However, that doesn't mean they're not delicious. Hu Muu Todd (fried pig ears), Khao Siin (jerky), and Kua Khao Jaew Bong (chili fried rice) were my favorites when I visited.