Shopaholic Benefits

8 Perks Of Being A Shopaholic That Every Girl In The Mall Can Raise Their Wallet To

No matter if you're going to a wedding or to a salsa party, you know you'll be the best dressed.

811
woman shopping

Shopping - (n.) the art of walking from store to store and buying all of the things

I am a huge fan of shopping. I love going to my favorite stores and spending hours scrolling through the pages of Urban Outfitters online on a Sunday evening. I have been called a shopaholic quite often in my life (mostly by my friends who have witnessed my packages piling up in the mail center at school), and while some people say that this need to shop is a bad thing, I would disagree. At the risk of sounding shallow, I am totally content with my existence as a shopaholic.

But for those of y'all who aren't quite as at-peace with your compulsive buying tendencies, here is a list of 8 reasons that being a shopaholic is worth raising your TopShop and Zara bags for.

1. You will always have an outfit for any situation.

Something to wear to a wedding? Check. Best friend's birthday party? Got it. Date with the boyfriend? Of course. A night of dancing the salsa? Never had experience with this one, but I have a feeling a shopaholic's closet would probably yield an appropriate fashion choice. No matter how mundane or extraordinary the event, a shopaholic's closet probably has it covered.

2. You always have something to wear (even if you don't think you do).

With endless pieces of clothing comes endless outfit combinations. Regardless of whether you are feeling inspired or not, you can always pull a flawless outfit out of your closet.

3. You know the feeling you get when something you've been eyeing finally goes on sale.

This is one of my favorite moments, no joke. Seeing that embroidered floral corset top going on sale and knowing that NOW is your chance to finally snag it is one of life's simple pleasures (until you realize that they don't have your size).

4. You are always asked for fashion advice.

This might be one of my favorite parts of having a shopping problem. I love it when my friends come to ask for advice on what to wear to this or that, or what to pair with this top or that pair of heels. Welcome to my office, ladies. I've got you covered.

5. Getting dressed in the morning can be a scavenger hunt.

If you don't plan out your outfits in advance, you might know the familiar feeling of hunting through your closet for that particular grey-strappy top that you know you hung up last week. While this may occasionally be frustrating, whenever you have to go on a scavenger hunt for your clothing usually means that you discover something in your closet that you forgot about. And this is kind of like getting free clothes!

6. You know when each of your favorite stores are going to have sales.

Thanks to my email inbox filled with newsletters from my favorite stores (and just the sheer fact that I shop there so much), I always know when stores are going to have massive sales. And I also know when I can get some fantastic deals.

7. You're always wishing you had just a little more money.

I think this one goes without explaining. More money = more clothes.

8. You are always on-trend.

Spending all that time at the mall means you know exactly what is popular and when it's going out of trend.