Being The Girl Who Cares

Being The Girl Who Cares

I hate saying no, I love giving advice, I hate seeing other people sad, I will go out of my way to help any of my friends. I am the girl who cares.

8
Being The Girl Who Cares
Rebecca Denton

I hate saying no, I love listening to other people's problems and giving advice, I hate seeing other people sad, I will go out of my way to help any of my friends. I am the girl who cares. Some may say I care too much, and honestly, sometimes I think the same thing. I will put other people's needs over my own and I will always give someone the benefit of the doubt, even when they don't deserve it.

Being this person definitely has its downside. Sometimes I will over commit myself or get so wrapped up in helping other people I forget to help myself. Because I care so much, I expect others to do the same, however, this is not always the case. Some of you may have work, school, or sports as your main focus, but for me this main focus is other people. Because I will do anything for others, I will sometimes get hurt when others do not do the same for me and begin questioning. I apologize for this, but it's part of who I am. It's what makes me me. But this is also what makes me the great friend I pray I am.

All of this being said, I'm proud to be the girl who cares. It is because I care that I am surrounded by such great friends. My friends know they can count on me to always be there, and I know I can do the same. It is because of this that my closest friendships are built on trust and loyalty. Being the girl who cares means you are a reliable person. People know they can count on me to get things done. I won't stop until it is done and done right. Being the girl who cares, there is nothing more satisfying for me than to see myself making an impact on someone else. This is why when it came to a career choice, I knew my career that involved other people. To me, there is nothing more rewarding than watching someone achieve something great.

So you see, while some may say I care too much and need to work on putting myself first sometimes, I disagree. Yes, it is in my nature to care for others, but this does not mean I don't care for myself. It is because I care for myself that I do these things for other people, it is rewarding to me. I am proud to be the girl who cares. It is because I care that I listen, that I persevere, I have standards for myself and for others. It is because I care, that I volunteer, that I am passionate, and that I will make a difference. It is because I care that I love harder.