Be Thankful For What You Have

If You Woke Up Tomorrow Only With What You Thanked God For Today, What Would You Have?

Would you have the shoes on your feet? The meals you had today? The friends you are surrounded by or the family to go home to and visit?

547

I have been reminded a little bit more often this year than others, that showing gratitude where necessary should fall into a daily routine. Starting with smaller amounts, like, a winter coat or a closet of clothing to the day changing friends surrounding me or a phone call I get to receive from mom or dad while I'm at school. But I don't always show how grateful I am for those moments and the little things.

Thanksgiving highlights and brings about the heart and soul of this time of year. It encourages others and reminds everyone what this next holiday is all about. Thanksgiving comes each year and that's when the world wants to be joyful and think about all positivity in our world. Right now, our country seems to be at odds with one another and highlighting the negativity instead.

What would happen if you were to wake up tomorrow and only have the things you're grateful for tonight? Would you have the shoes on your feet? The meals you had today? The friends you are surrounded by or the family to go home to and visit?

This also leads into the feelings that begin to grow all through the week of Thanksgiving. We call our family members that are far away and spend extra time with those we care for. Then before a day of thanks is even over, we go out and look for more objects to own and aggressive ways to "get ahead of others." All our thanks is gone. What good does being thankful for one day do if we throw those feelings away after our stomachs are stuffed and we feel less guilty about seeing distant family finally this year.

Thanksgiving 2018 should be used as a wake-up call to spend that time before bed being thankful for the little and big things that make your life great. Life becomes more joyful and your perspective of the world may even turn light and positive.

What would you have today based off what you thanked God for last night? Would you have that hot cup of coffee you just brewed and get to enjoy next to those you love? Working to make the world a better place starts with seeing it in a new light. Don't focus in on what is missing or what is going wrong. Focus on all that is going right and what is in your hands to help change.