Being Confident Isn't All About Looks

Being Confident Isn't All About Looks

Why is confidence automatically thought to be about looks?

29
Being Confident Isn't All About Looks

The misconception that confidence comes from how a person looks is why so many people hate the way they look, want to change themselves, and compare to others. We've all done it at some point in our lives. We've asked ourselves why we don't have a flat stomach, or why they have bigger muscles, or why their hair looks like that, and what color their eyes are. Something to those degrees.

However, if you ask the most confident people what built their confidence most of them will not bring up looks (some will). I've asked my most confident friends and acquaintances what makes them confident and got something along the lines of "I learned to love myself and who I am".

So is the key to confidence looks or the mindset we hold? How has the media changed what we feel and how we live our lives?

If you asked yourself or anyone those questions they will have different answers simply because we all have our own opinions and feelings. Personally, my confident self has come from the inside out. It also tags along with looks too! When I feel good, I feel like I look good and my confidence builds. HOwever, my most confident self has come from being confident in myself and not allowing outside factors affect how I feel or look at myself.

Like I brought up the other in my article "5 Reasons To Stop Caring What Others Think About You". Once I stopped caring about what others said or thought about me I started to love myself and look in the mirror (both physically and mentally) and be proud of who I was becoming. I love sports, working out and exercising so when I do some movement of my body that I love this also builds my confidence.

My lesson to you? Learn how to be confident without worrying about the outside. Then work towards being confident when others say something you don't like. Let it roll off of your shoulder. Trust me, I've had crazy things said to me, requested of me, and my character has been targeted many times, but I know who I am and what I stand for. Do you? If not, learn. It will only grow your character and build how confident you are because you are doing something you love and are passionate about.