It's OK To Be Single

It's OK To Be Single

God has a plan for you.

16
It's OK To Be Single
Savvi Avery

I don't know if this holds true for every girl, but I have been dreaming about my wedding since I was small. With a beautiful dress, a little white church, my closest friends and family, and of course the most amazing man to walk the earth. Throughout my short 19 years, my dreams and aspirations of getting married become more and more real, seeing all of the syrupy sweet romance movies, watching my friends get married, and day dreaming about what "that day" will look like. As my "Fairytale Wedding" board on Pinterest grows with what I think will be the best wedding, my heart becomes more and more content being single.

The older I have gotten, the more I realize what I really want in a husband. I want someone who can support me, who can have a real conversation and not just text, someone who leaves little gifts just because, someone who can be a genuine gentleman, and ultimately a man who loves Jesus. With all of that being said, I truly believe there is something to be said for being single, being patient and waiting for the right person will totally be worth it in the long run. I can't speak for the guys, but as a young lady in this generation, being patient is extremely hard to do. With social media at our fingertips you can watch any relationship, and wish you had the same.

Although being single may be easier said than done for some. Like myself, you might not like being alone, or have that feeling of not being able to have someone there for you or to talk to 24/7. Just take a step back though, most likely there are so many people around you like family and friends that you don't even realize because you're so caught up in a relationship. Aside from that, there is so much to learn while being on your own. For instance, what you really want your relationship to look like, figuring out things about yourself you never knew, taking time to yourself isn't a bad thing, and cherishing the time you can devote to your family and friends. Not saying all of this can't happen while you're in a relationship, it is totally possible because that's what a real marriage is, but being single can just allow you to get a new and fresh perspective that maybe you couldn't see while you were dating.

Being single may not be your ideal situation, but it is where the Lord wants you at this moment and His timing is perfect! Maybe He has something for you to learn or do that requires your full attention. He will use your singleness to fulfill His plan for you, and to glorify His kingdom.

I have learned if you can't be happy on your own, getting into a relationship won't make you happy either.