Speaking In Tongues

Speaking In Tongues

Being Baptized in the Holy Spirit

20
Speaking In Tongues
samederpreacher.files.wordpress.com

As a Christian I have had many experiences in the church, I have seen and experienced many things. Things that are hard to explain to those who don't understand the supernatural, or may not believe in the supernatural. As a Christian, the supernatural is a daily part of our lives, it is a way of living, not just a simple idea. One of the most supernatural things I have experience thus far has been having been blessed with the ability to speak in tongues.

I have been blessed in the past month to receive the gift of speaking in tongues. Now one might ask: "What exactly does it mean to speak in tongues?" As speaking in tongues is described in 1 Corinthians 14:1-5 as:

"1.Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2.For he that speaketh in unknown tongue speaketh unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3.But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church."

Essentially what this is saying is there is a spiritual gift called being Baptized in the Holy Spirit, and that means being able to speak in tongues. It is a prophetic language, but according to the Bible is a language not spoken to men but is spoken to God. God understands your prayer in tongues, it is a holy language. It isn't meant for God to understand. So there are many times when you are praying in tongues, and have no clue what you are saying, but it's okay God's got your back.

I received the gift of speaking tongues in front of the library at school, so you can literally get this gift anywhere. As I was being prayed for, I remember being told to just let go, don't think about it so much, it's going to come out when you least expect it to come out. A few moments later I could feel something in my throat, my lips started moving, but no sound was coming out yet. As I let go and let God take over the moment, I began to speak in different syllables, it was all out of my control. I felt such warmth and love in that moment. It was a good weird feeling. I remember being filled with such joy, all the heavy load of life was just taken off of my shoulders. It's something you can't explain how you feel, you just know it is of God.

Because I am still a rookie with my new spiritual gift, I still have to practice. It isn't something you can just put to the side just because you know how to do it now, in order to further perfect it you must practice. Continue to spend a few minutes everyday with God, in a quiet place where no one will interrupt you.