UK Band Basement Releases 'Stigmata' Off Their New Album 'Beside Myself'

To get the full experience, I say that you need to watch the video at least once.

214
Picture of the band members from Basment

After signing to Fueled By Ramen in 2017 Basement is releasing their new album "Beside Myself" on October 12th. This album will be the second, with "Promise Everything" being their first, since going on hiatus in 2012.

Off of this new album they have already released their single "Disconnect," which you can listen to here. This song stays true to the emo-rock sound that occurs in their previous albums. By the end of "Disconnect" you won't be able to get their catchy lyrics, "my parodical son, what have you done, to make you feel this disconnect," out of your head. Speaking about "Disconnect," frontman Andrew Fisher said, "I felt it had something that made me want to play it again and really try and sing along," that it "doesn't try and be anything other than a straightforward rock song" and that's why they chose it to be the first track to be heard off of "Beside Myself."

Basement has also released their single titled "Stigmata" which you can listen to here. This song is different because, according to Fisher, writing this song was the first time he tried a different tuning and I believe that it has paid off well. On 'Stigmata' Fisher has also explained that "the lyrics are about the times when you feel incredibly low without any real reason, and how in those times you feel there is no other way to be." The animation that plays along with the audio of the song sets a scene for the story Basement is telling in this song that many people can relate to. To get the full experience, I say that you need to watch the video at least once.

You can pre-order and later purchase "Beside Myself" here and view their tour dates here.

"Beside Myself" tracklist:

"Disconnect"
"Be Here Now"
"Nothing Left"
"Ultraviolet"
"Keepsake"
"Changing Lanes"
"Stigmata"
"New Coast"
"Just A Life"
"Slip Away"
"Reason For Breathing"
"Right Here"