Back To School Feelings In 12 Steps

Back To School Feelings In 12 Steps

It's that time of the year again.

327
Back To School Feelings In 12 Steps

It's that time of year again--yes, school. With classes approaching quickly, there's an endless amount of mixed emotions we start to feel. From our worries and fears about the new school year, to that thrill and excitement of starting a new semester.

1. Usually It Begins Something Like This...

There's this free feeling inside of you once school let's out for summer.

2. But, then as summer progresses you can feel a part of you miss being in school.

You can feel so empty inside without it.

3. Yet, you are so excited that school won't start for another three months and that feeling vanishes.

What were we thinking trying to be productive?

4. However, as school supplies come out there's that overarching fear.

What school supplies should you pick? Is school really around the corner?

5. On the other hand, who doesn't enjoy getting ready for school?

Fall clothes are coming out and it's a great excuse to go back to school shopping.

6. Then, you start to go into denial.

The calendar is lying there is no way there's only a few days until school starts.

7. Then, all of your fears, anxieties and worries come crawling back to you.

It's as if you can't get school out of your head.

8. Even when you try to distract yourself...

You can feel school staring at you, as if it's watching your every move.

9. Eventually you begin to accept that school is almost here.

You realize tomorrow is the first day of classes anyway, so there's no way you can get out of it.

10. But, then you begin to conjure up every way you can get out of it.

What if I'm sick? Or my legs disappear and the world ends all before class even starts?

11. Somehow you still have that feeling of excitement inside of you.

You can't wait to see all of your friends again.

12. On the first day of classes you find yourself going to class.

And it's as if you had never left.