Bachelor of the Week: Ben Philbin

Bachelor of the Week: Ben Philbin

Summer Sweethearts brings us our first bachelor of the summer. Meet Ben Philbin.

1047
Bachelor of the Week: Ben Philbin
Original Photo Courtesy of Ben Philbin

My name is Ben Philbin, I just finished my sophomore year at the U, and, because I'm in CLA, I'm naturally undeclared. I love games of any kind, cooking, telling stories and spending time with my friends and family on the lake. On campus, I'm in Model UN, the Super Smash Bros. Club, Dungeons and Dragons Club and I'm known to occasionally wander around Radio K. You could say I'm a "big nerd."

How would your friends describe you?

"Eccentric with an aura of friendliness, who can bring the best out of the bad and is unafraid of being himself."

"Upbeat, one of the nicest dudes I know."

"Totally Rad! *Bazinga*"

Why are you the perfect catch for someone?

Obviously my position as Admin of the most populated meme page at the U of M makes me a staple to any social event.

But, in all seriousness, I have a car and I can make good food if that means anything.

Hold up, most populated MEME PAGE on campus?

I had a feeling this would come up. Back in my freshman year, I was hanging out with Jack Brandes, a great guy. We made the page, but the people who were passionate about their work really fostered the growth that's been seen in the last year. Although we've had some rough times, we've all held together. In the future, I'm looking to make more content, since I just recovered from a five month case of mono.

For anyone interested in joining, it's UMN Memes for Frozen Northern Teens.

Well, what's your favorite type of meme?

It's really a flavor-of-the-month kind of thing, but right now I'm cruising on the Thanos hype. There's a subreddit called "Thanos Did Nothing Wrong" where they remove half the members every week. Honestly, it's one of the funniest things to me.

What do you look for in the ideal partner?

Someone not afraid to go out of their comfort zone and try new things. Brutal honesty is also appreciated.

What celebrity would play you in a movie, and what genre would your life story be?

Seth Rogen, which will be very evident if you meet me, and it would be a tragic comedy.

Cats or Dogs?

Dogs are slightly favored, but my buddy had a cat named Alex who was pretty cool.

Favorite meme page to follow?

It's funny seeing the UW Madison one trying to rip on the U, but they do have a quality page.

What is your favorite kind of pizza?

Whatever kind will make the pizza purists absolutely furious. But, if I had to choose, probably barbecue chicken.

What's your ideal date?

An escape room or IKEA, just so we can ruin the relationship before it even starts. That, or some kind of live music.

Biggest pet peeve?

Critiquing my driving, while I'm driving. Any other time, it's fine.

Most attractive quality in a partner?

A sense of humor is absolutely vital.

How can those interested reach you?

Follow/add me on social media. My twitter is @ocean_bon, Instagram is @spaniardspiff and Facebook is my name. You can also just run up to me on campus if you see me, but I won't have any idea who you are.

Related Articles Around the Web