To Baby Sussex

To Baby Sussex, From Your American Fans

We love you.

50
Royal Family

Dear Baby Sussex,

While you do not have a name, I am so excited you are here. The whole world has been waiting to meet you after 10 months of being in your mummy's tummy. I wanted to write you a few things even though you may never see this. You have the sweetest parents who are raising you the way they are to bring normality into your life. You are the nephew of the future King of England, so, of course, being in the spotlight can seem like a lot of pressure. However, soon it will be normal enough for you, but it must be hard. Hard to not want to go out alone and constantly have people talking and writing about you.

I know you will have a successful and meaningful life.

Your parents apparently want to give you a sense of normality so you understand how the world really is. Your mother came from humble roots on the opposite coast of America than I was from. Believe in what you want to believe in and find causes meaningful to your heart. It could be on kids, the Alzheimer's Association, clean water for everyone, education...the possibilities are endless.

You will be a cute baby — well, all babies are sort of cute, to be honest. You are going to be such a style icon for babies. In the future when I have kids, perhaps I will look to you for style inspiration. After all, your parents have amazing style. On a personal note, enjoy childhood because it goes by fast and it never comes back. Also, enjoy privacy because the world loves you and will write all about you. I'm so happy your parents live in an enclosed home and want to give you privacy. I couldn't imagine living in a home where I felt trapped and like I was always being watched. Best of luck in life.

Sincerely,

Your American fans