Why The “Athleisure” Trend Is The Best Trend Ever

Because who doesn’t want to be comfy all day long?

456
Crossroads Trading

Athleisure is a trend in which clothing made for exercise is used for lounging and everyday activities instead. Athleisure is the newest emerging trend that everyone is wearing. Famous people are more than often caught strutting the streets in workout gear with a cute jacket to add some style, and it has even become such a thing that department stores like Nordstrom have created a section to luck under called “Athleisure.”

While wearing sweats and yoga pants to class has always been a thing, now it’s trendy. Now, instead of wondering if it’s socially acceptable to go to class in the sweats you wore to sleep last night, you can just wake up and head right to class without having to carefully decide. Not only is this trend super convenient and quick, it also makes you look sporty and like you workout, (when you really don’t).

You also can literally find new pieces to wear anywhere and they can be super cheap and affordable, or you could go all out and get everything from Lulu Lemon. All you need are some leggings and joggers, a cute t-shirt, and a solid colored zip up or sweatshirt to wear if it’s cold or to wrap around your waist. This is the easiest trend ever to put together.

Another thing that makes an athleisure outfit is the always cute and handy oversized bomber or jean jacket. Instead of wearing a sweatshirt, if you want to look a little more together you could wear a cute sweater and a scarf if it’s colder.

You can find a good athleisure outfit anywhere, but I wouldn’t recommend spending too much money on easy articles like joggers or leggings, because you can find them virtually anywhere. With celebrities doing collaborations with sports wear brands like Puma and Nike, you can find some more expensive and high end workout gear for not working out which is undoubtably really cute, but also not really affordable. If you’re looking for basics, Forever 21, H&M, and Victoria’s Secret are good places to look.

While you’d think people would talk about you or say you look sloppy, no one will say anything because everyone’s wearing it. Wearing athleisure doesn’t make you look sloppy. People will comment on how cute and comfortable you look and you didn’t even have to try hard. The athleisure trend totally promotes laziness which is perfect for an early morning class. The best thing about this trend is that everyone can pull it off, and everyone can feel cute, comfortable, and trendy when they don’t feel like putting together an entire outfit.