Arya Stark And The Top 10 Catches Of All-Time

Arya Stark, And The Top 10 Catches Of All-Time

Where Arya's catch ranks among the greatest of all-time!

18

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR "GAME OF THRONES" SEASON 8 EPISODE 3.

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN "THE BATTLE OF WINTERFELL."

THERE WILL ALSO BE AN "AVENGERS: ENDGAME" SPOILER BECAUSE WHY NOT?

Sunday, April 28th, 2019, will go down as one of the most epic moments I've ever witnessed in my life. When all hope was lost and The Night King was about to control Bran aka The Three-Eyed Raven and take over Winterfell and perhaps humanity itself, Arya Stark ascended to the heights from a great fantasy protagonist into one of the greatest protagonists of all-time when she dived onto The Unstoppable Night King.

The Night King turned and stopped her from stabbing him, but she dropped the dagger from one and hand and caught it on the other, proceeding to deliver the greatest example of deus ex machina in the history of recorded fiction when she stabbed that Night King Bitch and destroyed the Wight Walkers for all-time!

And remember Wight Walkers, Arya Stark's character is like 13 or something and she's like under five feet tall, so you have to live with that for eternity! Oh wait, that's right, you never lived!

Now let me cut to the chase in saying that the best part of that moment wasn't the stabbing, it was THE CATCH from one hand to the other.

With that, let's see that catch again alongside the greatest catches of all-time!

1. ARYA STARK

VENI. VIDI. VICI.

2. Dwight Clark's The Catch

Dwight Clark's game-winning catch in the 1981 NFC title game is one of the most iconic moments in NFL history and set the tone for the 49ers being the Team of the 80s.

3. Harry Potter catches the Elder Wand

"HARRY POTTER" SPOILERS TOO!

There's no gif that shows what happens after but in the final "Harry Potter" movie the title character catches the Elder wand, the most powerful wand ever made, to finally defeat Voldemort!

4. Willie Mays: The Catch

Babe Ruth is considered the greatest baseball player of all-time, but Willie Mays might be a close second, thanks in part to this signature play of his career.

5. Captain America is worthy!

oyster.ignimgs.com

Ok, I couldn't find an "Endgame" gif but stop reading if you didn't see the movie.

But in "Endgame," Captain America caught the iron hammer and became worthy!

6. The immaculate reception

i.imgur.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers had never won a playoff game from 1933 to 1972. After this Immaculate Reception that was featured on "This Is Us", they have six Super Bowls.

7. Ken Griffey Jr. catch

If you grew up in the 90s, Ken Griffey Jr. was the face of baseball because of plays like this.

8. David Tyree Helmet catch

The second perfect season in NFL history was denied because an obscure receiver kept the ball against his helmet.

9. Clutch Hockey Save

Hey, hockey players are sports stars too!

10. Philly Special

The last time I gasped so many times at an event was Super Bowl 52, and this play was the most breath-taking of all. (Though we all know the biggest play of the game was Brandon Graham's strip sack that gave me an out of body experience.)