5 Artists Who Don't Deserve Our Support

5 Artists Who Don't Deserve Our Support

They don't deserve our money, either.

19

This past decade, several artists have been exposed for their more than unscrupulous activities, whether it's gang violence, assault or rape. Here is a list of five music artists that have gotten themselves into trouble and don't deserve an ounce of fame, money, or attention. Frankly, the only thing they deserve is jail time.

1. Tekashi 6ix9ine 

Youtube

Probably one of the most recent cases of 2018, this untalented rapper will be facing at least 32 years in prison for his active membership in Bloods. He was charged with armed robbery, assault, and statutory rape, including recording a video of him and another man having sex with a 13-year-old girl.

2. R. Kelly 

Youtube

R. Kelly has had a long string of rape accusations and severe amounts of proof validating these statements. Many people have forgotten Kelly's record: He married a 15-year-old girl when he was 27, had sex with a minor a few years later, and was eventually charged with child pornography for videotaping sexual intercourse with a group of minors. Many other women have spoken out against Kelly, saying they were just 16 or 17 when they were forced to have sex with Kelly, who was twice their age.

3. Chris Brown

Youtube

I am guilty of listening to Chis Brown in the past, and it's probably because he essentially got away with what he did, which made it really easy for us to forget about it. In 2009, Brown beat up Rihanna in a dispute, leaving her bruised and bleeding. Brown only received a period of community labor, five years of probation, and domestic violence counseling.

4. The Red Hot Chili Peppers 

Youtube

Yes, more than one band member was accused of sexual assault. Former executive Julie Farman wrote a letter entailing the sexual assault she faced by two of the band members in 1991. Too afraid to speak out at the time because of the misogynistic ideas in the music industry, she remained quiet until 2016. The band has always had a reputation for sexist and violent behavior, so this story comes as no surprise.

5. Dr. Dre 

Youtube

Dre has had a long history of abusing women, including TV show hosts and his own girlfriends. Though Dr. Dre has admitted to his mistakes and said he was "out of his mind," he never received any punishment for his actions, leaving the women he battered in a terrible physical and mental state.

We tend to dismiss serious allegations against celebrities because in reality, we just don't want to hear it. We want to continue listening to our "favorite artists" despite their horrible actions. A sorry or a video of them crying and apologizing doesn't justify or lessen the crime these celebrities have committed. Whether it's a celebrity or a common man, actions of rape, murder, abuse and/or assault are never justified.