As We Approach Finals Week

As We Approach Finals Week

I'm sure you understand the struggle.

11
As We Approach Finals Week
ttlearning.com

We've reached that point in the semester where we are so close to the end, but still so far. There are only 10 more days of classes, but between then and now there's way more than ten things to do. Whether you're the English major who's writing an absurd amount of papers or the nursing major who's studying for a ridiculous amount of tests, I'm sure you understand the struggle. We keep seeing the number of days winding down, but the number of things due seems to grow every day. As we approach finals week, keep these five things in mind:

1. You know what you know.

When the time for that exam rolls around and you're cramming in all of the information on the countless flashcards you made, you need to realize you know what you know. You're not going to remember what you study in the fifteen minutes leading up to the exam. You know what you know, and even if that is not enough, there's no point in stressing yourself out more by thinking about how much you don't know.

2. Don't sweat the small stuff.

During this time of the semester, you need to prioritize. That 20 point quiz that you've been stressing about is nothing compared to the 100 point research paper. Get the paper done first, and then study for the quiz, even if you don't have as much time. Bigger assignments take precedence.

3. Make a schedule.

Yes, even for the most unorganized people, this is extremely helpful. If you have to schedule in a five-minute nap or a 10-minute shower, so be it. You can utilize your time however you want after finals week.

4. Take a break.

It's unhealthy to spend hours writing papers or studying, so treat yourself to a break. Whether that means grabbing a quick bite to eat, taking a quick nap, hitting up the gym or watching an episode on Netflix. This will let you take a break and re-motivate you to keep going.

5. Make time for friends.

Don't let your studies interfere with all of your friends. Take a trip to the library together, or take a break from homework together. Your friends are your family at school, and they understand your pain more than anyone. Struggle together.