appreciate the little things in life

It's Time To Start Appreciating The Little Things In Life

Life is short, and if we worry and dwell too much, it is going to be over before we know it.

141
Makayla Castle

Lately, life hasn't been going my way and the world seems to be against me. I have been struggling in school, work, and relationships — both romantic and friendships. I can't seem to win and I have been stuck in this rut for the past couple of weeks wondering, "When will life finally turn right side up and start to go my way?"

We have all been there. We feel that no matter how hard we try, we still cannot seem to please someone or find the correct answer to our problem(s). It sucks. However, after being stuck in this constant mind frame lately, I decided that I need to keep my health in the forefront and focus on what I need. I decided to stop worrying about everything and everyone else because that is out of my control, and only focus on what I do have control of. Me.

So, I decided to start appreciating the little things in life that I normally would pass by and not think twice about. I have learned from this mind frame that happiness is found within and isn't really out of reach, even when it feels miles away. We must appreciate what and who we have and never take anything for granted. I challenge you to start thinking this way, too. It is amazing how focusing on what makes us happy and content can change our entire world around us.

It's the little things.

I have started to appreciate the little things in my life lately such as a giant cat head beach towel, long walks in my hometown, my favorite songs ringing through my headphones, small successes on homework/tests, nice smelling candles, time spent talking to and hanging with family and friends, anything pineapple, journaling, colorful ink pens, and just taking time for myself and my needs.

It's the little things.

When we take a step back and focus on our own mental health and start to practice self-love and care, life doesn't seem so bad, and the world doesn't seem like it's out to get you. Enjoying the little things in life is an ongoing journey that I tend to make a lifelong destination. Slowly but surely this mindset has allowed me to pull out of this negative rut. However, I still allow myself to feel bad and sad times when needed. It's okay to sit alone in your room and cry with a gallon of ice cream. It's a bad day, not a bad life. Enjoy the little things and see the good in every day, even when it seems bad.

It's the little things.