Apartment Shopping As Told By Leslie Knope

Please allow my hero, Leslie Knope, to walk you through some ups and downs of apartment shopping.

26
http://theeverygirl.com

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it’s time to come to terms with reality: summer is ending and school is approaching. Soon you will have to give up the beach for a lecture hall and replace the club with a library. Yet, in the end, it’s not all that bad because with the onset of school comes new adventures, new friends, and new living spaces.

However, moving into a new house or apartment requires a lot of preparation... and shopping. While I’ve had a lot of fun apartment shopping, I also realize how overwhelming it can be at times. Please allow my hero, Leslie Knope, to walk you through some ups and downs of this process.

When you and your roommates realize it's finally time to start shopping:

When you're brainstorming about room themes on the way to the store:

When someone suggests going to Urban Outfitters for decorations instead of Target or Bed Bath & Beyond:

When you can't find the right bedding:

When the store clerks try to help you pick something else out but don't understand your vision:

When your roommates suggest decorating the living room with a color you hate:

When your roommates get offended that you didn't like their idea:

When you try to work it out with your roommates and compromise on a color:

When you ask your parents to help you pay:

When your parents say no and tell you that you should've been adding up the prices as you went along:

When you get the final receipt:

When you realize that you don't care about how expensive everything was because your apartment is going to be super cute: