Daenne's Journal: Most Frequently Asked Questions

You asked, and I answered!!!

205
Daenne D

It's been officially 5 months since I have been with Odyssey, and those 5 months have been nothing but amazing because of wonderful readers like you. I want to show my appreciation to you by answering the most frequently asked questions that you've had or that you thought of but didn't ask. If you didn't ask, thanks to those who asked you might just get your answer today.

1. Did you change your major to journalism?

No, I am still a Biology major. No one asked about my minor, but I did change it, I am no longer getting minor in Psychology. I switched to International Communication, like I mentioned in my Being a Pre-med article, being a pre-med is doing things that will make you look good for med-school while doing things for yourself which is why I am happy with this choice because it is for me.

2. Why is it called Daenne's Journal?

Long story short, I thought I would be sharing things from my exchange journey only.

3. Are you going to post things about your personal journal only?

When I got asked that question, I was like no way! and now all I am saying is perhaps!

4. Are you a writer now?

I guess so, right?

5. Are you doing this for a class?

No, I am not doing this for a class. I was supposed to write one article about my exchange journey, and I found out that I could write about anything I want (as long as it makes sense ahahahah), I was like, why not? since I've always enjoyed writing.

6. Are you getting paid for this?

No, I am not. I honestly didn't even think of this. But, some odyssey writers earn some money, it all has to do with your views and your community, it's complicated.

7. I've seen pictures, did you transfer?

No, I didn't. I participated in the National Student Exchange Program. Check the following links for more info about the program nse.org , Daenne's Exchange Journey , Steps to take to go on Exchange.

8. Why did you go on exchange?

I answer this question so much, that it became like a song to me. So, let me just recite it. I thought it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I grabbed it. But, honestly, I have the best answer now, I didn't choose to go on exchange, I was led there.

9. Are you back to Miami for real now?

Yes, I am (at least for now).

10. Why did you choose Louisville?

Honestly, I never knew the answer to this until I came back from exchange. Like I mentioned previously, I didn't choose Louisville, I was led to Louisville (will go more in depth in another article).

11. Do you miss Louisville?

Actually, a good friend of mine recently asked me this, I just smiled. He was like " the correct answer is no don't be smiling". But, my correct answer is yes I miss Louisville, I miss everything about Louisville, my friends, the community I got there, everything!

12. Are you going back?

I would love to, but as of right it's not a yes or a no, I just don't know.

13. Are you happy to be back in Miami?

This is a tricky question which I always smile as an answer and always kinda avoid it. But, I think you deserve an answer if you are reading this and you know me personally. When I first came back, for as much as I was happy to see my friends and family, I was not happy to be back. I was here, but I didn't feel like I should be here, I felt like I no longer belonged here. I didn't have a peaceful spirit, I had to readjust my schedule, I had to get use to the loudness (that is another topic) again. Technically, I didn't feel happy deep down. Then, with lots of prayers and silent moments and a "Miami Vice" series I heard at a church, I came to realize that God took me out of Miami to mold me into a better person and brought me back here because He has a plan for me, He brought me back here because that is where He needs me for this season of my life. He brought me back so I could work for the advancement of His Kingdom, and this friend is the most wonderful thing. Letting God use me as a vessel has been so great. By remembering that the plan that God has for me is far greater than what I can imagine, I got excited again to be in Miami. So, yes I am now happy to be back and let God's light shine upon me.

14. Why did you start writing?

I started to publish recently, but I have been writing for a while ( I found my old journals when I used to write about LOVE).

15. Why did you start a blog?

I started this originally to share my exchange journey, but then it turned out to be informative, personal, and spiritual.

16. Where do your inspirations come from?

Well, that is a hard one. For my informative articles, whenever there is something I think people need to be informed about, I get excited when I start writing. For instance, why you shouldn't buy at the college bookstore;I wrote it last fall right before I bought my books because I remembered how much I used to spend on books at the bookstore, and I didn't want anyone else to make that same mistake. My spiritual ones, usually comes from the Bible, a sermon, gospel songs, a book, or just from complete silence (yes, when it's really quiet that is when I write the best articles). For the personal ones, there isn't one source in particular, they come from all over the place.

17. Until when will you be writing?

I don't know until when, I would say forever, but we all know there is a season for everything in life. The answer is I really don't know.

Wonderful reader, I hope you got the answer to all your questions/ clarity to some doubts, and got to know your favorite Odyssey writer a little bit better.

Xoxo,

DD