Why Andrew Yang Would Make A Good President In 2020
Currently

If You're Sleeping On Andrew Yang And His #YangGang Fans, Time To Wake Up

Can I hear a #YangGang2020?

148

We're already in the heat of the 2020 presidential election. With the primaries slowly approaching, candidates are going to soon drop out like flies if they aren't doing their best in the polls. Earlier this week, Beto O'Rourke, a Democratic candidate from Texas known for his extensive gun control views, dropped out of the race. Even with the pool of candidates decreasing, much of the focus is still on those well known: Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren are likely names you've heard of when discussing which Democratic candidates are in the race.

But there is one candidate who is slowly on the come up, and that's Andrew Yang.

Andrew Yang is a second-generation New York native, born to two Taiwanese immigrants. Yang received his undergraduate degree in economics and political science, then continued his education at Columbia Law School. Although much of Yang's life he was fighting for those who weren't being heard, he decided to take his a step further exactly two years ago. In November 2017, Yang filed with the FEC to run for president in 2020. Since then, his name has become more and more recognizable, sometimes polling higher than more well-known candidates like Cory Booker, Julian Castro, and Tulsi Gabbard.

Yang has a fleshed-out political agenda which he's very open about. One of his most interesting and well-known proposals would be a type of universal basic income, where everyone over the age of 18 receives $1,000 per month, no strings attached. Another characteristic of Yang is that he doesn't focus on just one policy. Other proposals include combating the tax avoidance used by so many big corporations, end gerrymandering, and legalize marijuana.

Andrew Yang is presidential material, and what this country needs. He doesn't try to draw attention to himself by saying or doing ludicrous things, yet is creeping up with his ranking. The United States needs a President who will work to serve all of their constituents, is open-minded, and works to serve the people, not just push their own agenda.

If you want to learn more about Andrew Yang and become one of his Yang Gang supporters, you can find additional information here.