An Undeserving Love

An Undeserving Love

Living in the love of the almighty God.

132
An Undeserving Love

I’m a sinner…

I’ve lied.

I’ve messed up.

I’ve failed at a countless number of things.

I’ve found myself so unworthy of God’s love.

Many of you have probably had the same thoughts. We all at some point have felt that we do not deserve the kind of love that He gives us.

Do you know what's absurd to me? It's the fact that although I am a sinner who could never be worthy of His love, He still wants to know me. He wants to hold me when I’m hurting. He wants to love me even in my darkest times. He wants the best for me and He wants to protect me.

That’s simply amazing to me. A few months ago I heard something at Church that really got to me. “All that we can bring to God is filthy rags…” As terrible as that sounds on our part, is it not true? We spend our whole lives messing up and doing wrong yet God still wants to know us. He knows that we offer so little, yet He still gives us so much. Mind blown. Think about it. The GOD OF THE UNIVERSE. The CREATOR OF EVERYTHING. He knows how disgusting we are and He WANTS to love us. I reflect back on different trials that I have encountered in my life. I remember vividly times that my knees have hit the ground and I have cried out to God. With tears streaming down my face and my hands covering my eyes, I could feel His embrace each time assuring me that He was there. Every time…He was there, and He always will be. His heart is beautiful and I'm thankful to know Him and live in His presence. I can only imagine the day that I can bow at His feet and rejoice with the angels proclaiming the name of the one true King. Perfect. Gracious. Loving. Trustworthy. Freeing. Beautiful. Remarkable. Miraculous. Restoring. Comforting. I will never live up to Him, but I can live for Him. I don’t deserve His love yet I have the honor of living in it every day.

“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the Earth. He does not faint or grown weary; His understanding is unsearchable.” Isaiah 40:28

-LG