An Open Letter to Everyone Who Plays Club Volleyball

1265

To Anyone Who Plays Club Volleyball,

Club volleyball was honestly the best thing that has ever happened in my life. Now that I realize I will never be playing again, here's some advice I have for you.

Do not take this opportunity for granted. Feel blessed that you have the opportunity to be playing volleyball at a competitive level. Enjoy being able to travel to Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando. I remember complaining about how I had to give up weekends on end of my social life to travel to Orlando to play volleyball, but in the end, it's completely worth it. Now that I am not longer playing, I have realized that I would do anything to be in that situation again.

Appreciate your coaches. These are the people that are going to leave a mark on your growth. They have years of wisdom about the sport and are willing to share that wisdom with you. Graciously accept their teaching abilities. You may not like their coaching style, but in the end, you will have learned more about the sport and grown as a person.

Enjoy spending time with your team. Yes, you are probably with them for at least two to three hours, two to three times a week, and also every or every other weekend, but these girls are your family. Learn to like them and build relationships with them. I have made some really great friends from my volleyball teams and plan to continue being friends with them.

Lastly, make the most of it. Right now, you might be complaining about how you would rather be at the beach or how you have so much homework and no time to complete it. Trust me, I used to do the same thing, but now that I cannot play anymore, I regret ever thinking that. Each day you get to play is a blessing and you should take advantage of it every second that you can.

All of my luck to all the club teams out there this weekend and the weekends to come!

Sincerely,

Someone who really misses club volleyball