America Was Never Great

America Was Never Great

From the perspective of an American.

12
America Was Never Great
Penn Live

With one of the front-runners in current American politics running on the campaign slogan of “Make America Great Again,” it begs the question that someone should answer, was it ever great to start with?

Recently a woman wore a hat to her job at Home Depot with the slogan “America Was Never Great” is there any merit to either slogan? Does America need to gain back what once was had? Or was their simply no better time in America? So the question was never whether or not America is great, but the question really becomes what makes America great, and is it in jeopardy?

When considering the greatness of the country we live in, what is the first thing that comes to mind?

Personally, it is the concept of freedom. Freedom is the ability to live in a society and speak, act and think as one pleases without restraint. So many people in the world today are not given this luxury and I think it is part of the foundation of this country. So if it is seen that freedom is part of what makes America great, then why do we have freedom? We have freedom in America because the founding fathers of the country created the Constitution guaranteeing citizens of the country certain rights that cannot be taken away.

So America is great, got it. Do we need to “make America great again”? Again? I am not sure that America ever lost its greatness seeing that the Constitution and Freedom still exist on the soil. I understand the country is in trillions of dollars of debt, and that the Christian worldview and freedom of speech are under attack (not as in other places of the world by any means), but I do not think America has lost its greatness.

Is it in jeopardy? Absolutely. The United States recently suffered a great loss with the death of Conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. He stood up for the first, and second amendments and stood up for Conservative values and principles.

However, because of his death someone will have to replace him on the court. It seems as if the nomination by President Obama will not be heard as of now. The next President may select one, two, even three justices. What does this all mean for the greatness of America? If the next President selects justices that desire to continue allowing millions of babies to be murdered in this country and see our nation’s constitution stomped on, the greatness of America could be at stake. If we elect a president whose desire is to remove Capitalism from the economy,then our country could someday be on the way to losing its greatness.

So was America once great? Absolutely! Is America still great? Absolutely, and will America continue to be great? If the focus of the country is on God, freedom and keeping the Constitution at the forefront, then absolutely!