Starbucks

I'll Always Choose Starbucks For Coffee Over The Other Coffee Shops

Just call me a basic white girl.

16
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bur0JUln0qD/
@starbucks/Instagram

As a college student, I've reached the point in my life where everyone around me is drinking coffee. My classmates, my friends, my professors and even some of my family members.

I've never really been one to drink coffee. I never understood everyone's love for coffee, but I did always have a love for the sugary, chocolatey frapps at Starbucks.

So when I got my first job, at a restaurant right next door to a Starbucks, someone was constantly going on Starbucks runs for the employees. And that's where my love of Starbucks really began.

I began getting Starbucks gift cards for Christmas and birthdays. At first, I still didn't really go a lot. I'd just ask my mom to stop if we went by there or I'd go when I was with my friends that were avid coffee drinkers.

And then, in my senior year of college, I started trying other drinks from Starbucks and I. Was. Hooked.

Now, every time I'm close to a Starbucks, I have to stop. I have the Starbucks app, and every Monday, I get an email about the new deal for the week to earn bonus stars.

One of my old bosses once told me that Starbucks national sales were slowly dropping due to the amount of sugar in their drinks. Yeah all that sugar is bad, but is that going to stop me. Nope.

I'm from a small town that has several little "mom and pop" coffee shops. They're good and I'd order from them, but I just can't seem to stray away from Starbucks.

I also know people who prefer Dunkin Donuts for coffee. I never understood the love for Dunkin. I don't even really like their food...because I mean Krispy Kreme has WAY better donuts, but that's beside the point.

As basic as it makes me, I'll always choose Starbucks when it comes to coffee.