My Top 10 Albums Of 2018

My Top 10 Albums Of 2018

10 albums that dominated my life in 2018

14
My Top 10 Albums Of 2018
Preservation Of Moments

So, 2018 was quite a year. Another semester of college completed and luckily I had an amazing soundtrack to keep me sane in the process. Here at the albums dominated my life and defined this year.

1. Jizzy Pearl - All You Is Need Is Soul

Discogs

Here is the latest solo album from Jizzy Pearl, known for his work in Love/Hate. Let me just say that this album is spectacular. Jizzy's the coolest, to begin with, so it's just awesome in a nutshell. You hear so few truly great metal albums these days, but here's a masterpiece from one of the best.

2. Judas Priest - Firepower

Discogs

The latest Priest album is absolute firepower. No pun intended. I only heard one song from it before I got to hear the album. My dad and I actually won tickets, and we got my mom one extra ticket so we could see them on the opening night of the tour all in the midst of the winter storms that took place early last year. I got to hear "Firepower", "Lightning Strike" and "Evil Never Dies" live before I even heard the album. It was amazing and certainly an album and time in my life I'll never forget.

3. Panic! At The Disco - Pray For The Wicked

Discogs

I got into this album when I was studying for college and it was on infinite loop for 3 weeks if not more. I love this album. That's all I can say.

4. Charlie Puth - Voicenotes

Discogs

This was one of the albums I didn't expect to get into in 2018. I was really interested in hearing this album after I heard "How Long" when it was only a single. So, I stuck to my word, and I heard this album when it came out and I loved it.

5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood

Discogs

This was another album I didn't expect to get into but fell in love with after hearing "Youngblood" when it was only a single.

6. Gin Wigmore - Ivory

Discogs

My pen pal recommended her to me and I really enjoyed this album. I've listened to "Dirty Mercy" and "Cabrona" endless times. I have to listen to the rest of her catalog, but I'm very pleased with what I've heard so far.

7. Joe Satriani - What Happens Next

Discogs

This album is excellent!! This was another album we listened to during our winter storm fiasco in 2018. It's a fantastic albums and it has great musicians on it too!!

8. Ghost - Prequelle

Discogs

I've always heard different music by Ghost, but Prequelle is the first album I can say I loved by them. It's making me reconsider the rest of their catalog. This album is awesome and I love how it moves. It has an awesome pace!! Great stuff.

9. Daron Malakian and Scars On Broadway - Dictator

Discogs

It's been 10 years since the original Scars On Broadway album was released. I can't even count how many times I've heard this album or even how many times I've heard my dad play drums to this album. I was insanely stoked to hear that the new one was finally coming out after all this time. It's awesome. A modern-day Scars On Broadway, 10 years later and just as fantastic.

10. Grand A.M. - Red

Discogs

I'll be honest, I didn't listen to this album until today, but I had it on my phone before the end of my last semester. It's really cool and I checked it out off of the artwork and it's excellent!!!