Alabama Publisher Calls For The KKK To 'Ride Again'

Alabama Publisher Causes National Uproar For Calling The KKK To 'Ride Again'

Outrage races through media sources in response to a heavily racist op-ed.

27

An editor and publisher of a small-town newspaper in Linden, Alabama, Goodloe Sutton, has caused chaos in the news world after he published the following article, essentially calling for a reunion of the Ku Klux Klan.

Screenshot of article published@ByChipBrownlee on Twitter

Sutton wastes no time in his publication, calling for the "Ku Klux Klan to night ride again" in the opening sentence. The article has no need to continue on, as Sutton has lost any supporter he may have once had just by that first sentence, but he chooses to continue his racist rant for multiple paragraphs. Sutton attacks the intelligence of those who do not believe in the superiority of this group, which does nothing but deepens the hole he has dug.

By ending with the statement, "Truly, they are the ruling class," Sutton shows does not waver at all in his claim.

In a country that has come so far in the area of equality, Sutton emphasizes the need for continued advocacy. People are often blind to the idea that there are still people in this country who believe in things such as the KKK, and Sutton shines a very bright light on the fact that we definitely have a long way to go as a country.

The national outrage is the only good thing that could have come out of this article being published. By that I mean, the way the public and news sources have voiced their complete disgust towards this work, shows the progress we have made as a country.

If this does not outrage you, you are part of the problem.

Sutton is seemingly the only one who stands behind his work, and he has made it clear that he has no intention of taking back the call for KKK or the suggestion that lynchings should occur again. However, according to AL.com, the newspaper has censured Sutton, as well as suspended his membership at the newspaper.