Ahavel Aborishade, Entrepreneurial Expert, Gives Insight into How Female Leaders Can Thrive in Male-Dominated Industries

Following these entrepreneurial tips can help you become a female leader.

468

Business can be an intense, cut-throat, almost brutal environment where only the fittest survive. You need to be sharp, have speed of thought, and practice a relentless determination to become a leader. For women, it can be even more of a challenge - particularly in male-dominated industries. Luckily, however, here are some tips shared by Ahavel Aborishade, business leader, that you can follow to thrive in just such an environment:

1. Be the most knowledgeable in your field

Don't give anyone an excuse to doubt your credentials. Be the most learned and knowledgeable person on your subject matter. This will take some time and effort, but in the end, it will be well worth it. By proving your expertise, other people in your industry will soon begin to look up to you and respect your point of view.

2. Build support around you

The path to success is rarely traveled alone. In order to thrive in the world of business, you will need to build a trusted network of friends and colleagues to support you. However, you should not limit yourself to an all-female support system. Instead, you should try to make a point of communicating regularly with trusted males so that you may better understand their ideas and viewpoints.

3. Don't dwell on sexist attitudes

Business studies have shown that startups run by men find it easier to raise funds than enterprises managed by women. When you read statistics such as this, it can be quite easy to become discouraged. However, what you must instead do is try and see it as a challenge that you can overcome - an obstacle that you can, and will, find a way across.

4. Don't shy away from tough questions

In order to thrive as a female business leader, you should never shy away from tough questions. In fact, you ought to welcome them. When you answer a difficult question with confidence and poise, it just highlights your skills and gives you more credence to your abilities as a leader. Remember that you may face tougher questions than a male colleague. By being prepared, you are only improving your own skills and reputation.

In Closing

Being a female leader in a male-dominated business climate is never easy. However, by taking the tips and advice in this article to heart, you will soon begin to see your stature grow.

About: Ahavel Aborishade is a business leader, tech aficionado and an emerging entrepreneur in the technologic world. Focusing on building a better future for those around her, Ahavel uses her passion for technology and community to create nuanced applications that enliven daily experiences.