Adventures of the Sober Mind

Adventures of the Sober Mind

5

Have you ever been in a situation where you want to go out but you can't get into the local bar because it's 21 & up? What about a situation where all your friends want to go out and drink, but you do not want to wake up with regrets? Well I have a list of places for you!

Need some humor in your life?

A great place to go is Four Day Weekend. This place is guaranteed to make you laugh. Have a bad day? Stressed out? Broken heart? Go to Four Day Weekend. The performers put on a genuinely creative show. The humor is perfect and you don't have to worry about it being too cheesy (unless you like cheesy). The audience has a chance to participate in the show too.

This improv comedy club is located in Sundance Square on 312 Houston St. You must be 18 or older to get in. Tickets are just $20.

Feeling Classy?

Bass Hall is the perfect place to go. Bass Hall hosts a variety of performances. You can watch ballet and musicals or listen to the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra perform. Many events happen weekly so you are bound to find something you like. Plus, it's a perfect excuse to get dressed up. It's a great place to go on a date and then go to dinner somewhere downtown.

Feeling Country?

The number one place that people will tell you to go is Billy Bob's Texas. I've heard it over and over again. It offers bull riding, casinos, arcades, pool tables and dancing. Different country singers will have concerts at Billy Bob's. It's a great place to go and dance with a nice cowboy or cowgirl. So shine your boots and brush up on your line dancing and two-step!

Want to see a movie?

Coyote Drive-In Theater is great place to see a movie. It escapes the typical theater setting and brings you back to a simpler time. Not many drive-in movies are around anymore, so you should go experience it. 

Want to grab a bite?

There are so many places to go eat in Fort Worth. The Fort Worth Food Park is full of food trucks. You can enjoy a variety of gourmet food created by local chefs. The park is pet friendly and the food trucks accept credit cards. Another perk of the park is that they offer free wifi.

If you go down W 7th St in Fort Worth, you will find a variety of restaurants to go to. You will find Mediterranean, pizza, Italian, Mexican, etc. You are bound to find something you like!

Don't have any money? 

Don't worry. There are plenty of free things to do!

Amon Carter Museum of American Art

Fort Worth Botanical Gardens

Fort Worth Water Gardens- My personal favorite

Sundance Square

Fort Worth Stockyards

So if you just want a nice night out with friends and maintain a sober mind, these are some great places to consider.