Adjusting to Something New

Adjusting to Something New

A transition of any time can be difficult for many people.

27
Adjusting to Something New
wotguru.com

Today marks a little over a week of me being at college. Believe it or not, it hasn't been all that I expected it to be. I came into college extremely excited and not nervous in the slightest bit. In a way, I was wrong to do that, because I know myself way too well. I know I'm the type to panic and freak out when I'm put in new situations and new environments.

When I was going into my freshman year of high school, I was extremely nervous. I couldn't shake the bad feelings that I had on the first day of school. When I always looked back at it, I just always thought about how much I hated that "freshman feeling." It was extremely difficult for me to become motivated to make things better for myself and to make myself happier. Once I adjusted, everything became so much easier for me.

This "freshman feeling" unfortunately followed me when I began college. I spent nights in a row panicking and crying because I just knew myself too well, and I was afraid that I wouldn't fit in. Almost a week later, I am feeling better and getting pretty well adjusted to things. Though I never expected to feel like this coming in to it, I know that it's normal and that I am not the only one dealing with these feelings when starting something new. I had to keep telling myself that these feelings would go away, and that everything would go back to normalcy soon.

When I was a freshman in high school, I made that adjustment, and I firmly believe I can do the same as I begin my college journey.