Accepted For Eternity

Accepted For Eternity

God wants you just as you are–broken, messed up, lonely, depressed, dejected and rejected.

16
Accepted For Eternity

All of us have probably experienced a form of rejection at some point. Whether by a school, a boyfriend, girlfriend, crush, sport’s team, job, friends, the list goes on and on.

And a single rejection, if we allow it to, can remind us of every insecurity and every doubt that we’ve ever faced. It can make us feel miserable, worthless, alone, unworthy, insignificant, etc.

But what if we learned how to handle rejection a new way? Yes, it hurts.

Especially when we think a door is going to open and it doesn’t or someone we care about seems to care little for us.

Rejection is painful.

It can happen over and over again until we feel like it’s hard to trust anyone.

But that would be where we’re wrong, there is someone we can trust.

I read a post on Tumblr that said:

Facts:
1. People will fail you.
2. Christians will fail you.
3. Life will fail you.
4. Jesus will not fail you.
(via god-loves-u-sweetheart)

It may be hard to trust others sometimes, but you can certainly trust God.

Created with YouVersion, The Bible app.

Even if we trust God, sometimes a single rejection can cause us to become wrapped up in thoughts of loneliness, regret and inadequacy.

How do we overcome the thoughts rejection brings? How do we learn to trust others again? How do we open ourselves back up to people who may let us down sometimes?

As a believer, we overcome rejection in Christ.

And to Him we must always look for acceptance whether we're accepted by others or not.

God is faithful to us even when we're not faithful to Him. God is faithful to you even when you’re not faithful to Him!

He's concerned about you even when you reject Him.

He moves on from the past rejection and He forgives you if only you ask.

People you might not have ever “wronged” may reject you but God, who we’ve all sinned against, has not rejected us.

He’s done the exact opposite actually: He’s accepted us at our worst.

Paul says in Romans 5:6-8 (MSG)

Christ arrives right on time to make this happen. He didn’t, and doesn’t, wait for us to get ready. He presented himself for this sacrificial death when we were far too weak and rebellious to do anything to get ourselves ready. And even if we hadn’t been so weak, we wouldn’t have known what to do anyway. We can understand someone dying for a person worth dying for, and we can understand how someone good and noble could inspire us to selfless sacrifice. But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him.

Condemnation and shame sometimes keep us from worshiping God, but we cannot allow the devil to convince us that our mistakes will cause God to reject us.

God is a Loving Father. Jesus in John 1:14 is said to be “full of grace and truth.”

People may reject us because of who we are or what we’ve done, but the God who has all power to reject us died for us while we were worth being rejected.

I’m not saying don’t trust people, but ultimately God is the only one who we can put all of our trust in. His Love is not tied to our actions or who we are.

God's agape love is acceptance in its purest form. He wants you just as you are–broken, messed up, lonely, depressed, dejected, and rejected.

Perhaps you build towering walls around yourself to keep others at a distance so they won't learn about your past or inadequacies.

Perhaps you’ve been rejected so much that it’s become easier for you to reject others first so you won’t be rejected or hurt by them later.

Perhaps pushing people away has become a normal routine for you.

But please, please do not reject God. He has not rejected you and He won’t if you seek His heart. Ask for His help. He will help you trust Him, accept His Love and accept others. He can change your heart and break down every wall that you use to keep Him and people out.

Accept Christ and trust Him. You don’t have to fix yourself to come to Him. In fact, there is not enough you could ever do to fix yourself to be good enough for Him. He just wants you as you are, willing and open, so that He can do a work in your heart.

He will not reject you.

He will accept you for all of eternity.

Romans 10:9-10 (NIV)

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Revelation 3:20-21(MSG)

“Look at me. I stand at the door. I knock. If you hear me call and open the door, I’ll come right in and sit down to supper with you. Conquerors will sit alongside me at the head table, just as I, having conquered, took the place of honor at the side of my Father. That’s my gift to the conquerors!