A Film Review of "Wendy and Lucy"

A Film Review of "Wendy and Lucy"

You have to understand that no film will ever be better than Pride and Prejudice, the one with Keira Knightly. Now that is out of the way, let's review.

4
A Film Review of "Wendy and Lucy"
photo credit to halifaxbloggers.ca

Honestly, I loved it. I loved that there was no bullshit Hollywood junk in it to make homelessness look glamorous. It was devastatingly tragic, you instantly fall in love with the main character, and you root for her.

I will not spoil it because you need to watch it, but the ending made me cry. Not a loud shoulder sob, but slow hot tears down my face. It shows the realness of what it is like to be homeless.

I really liked this line, I really do not remember the exact words, but basically the gist of it is "you can't get a job without a job. You can't get a home without a home."

That line really stung.

A line I absolutely despised came from the grocery store employee. After he caught Wendy shoplifting, he said to his boss, "if you can't afford dog food, don't have a dog."

Although I kind of understand where this person is coming from, this line did not sit with me well because you could see how much Wendy loved Lucy and how much we cared for that dog.

5/5 recommended. Now, don't go thinking it will be a cheesy rom com, or a predictive action thriller, because this movie definitely is not.

Everyone needs to go and watch it just so they can get into the minds of why some people are homeless, and how terrifying it would be to be a WOMAN and homeless.

That puts it on a different level if you ask me.

Go watch it and tell me if you liked it or not.