lady gaga

A Different Side Of Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga deserves some credit, and not just for her crazy costumes and top hits.

95
Aimee Starr

We all know Lady Gaga for her memorable red carpet outfits, music videos, and songs. Yet, there is a whole other side to Lady Gaga that people are missing out on. She can truly be an inspiration to us all, whether you like her music or not.

She does what she wants and does not care what anyone thinks

I mean seriously, who else would wear a meat dress to the MTV video awards? She wears and does whatever she wants, regardless of what the public has to say about it. We could all use to be a little bit more like Lady Gaga. I doubt any of us could pull of the meat dress as well as she does, but there is still a lesson to be learned from it. She is making a bold statement. She is being confident in herself. She is doing what she wants and what makes her happy. And that is something we should all do. So next time you doubt yourself, just think about what Lady Gaga would tell you to do. She would tell you to be yourself and embrace your uniqueness.

She does not let pain take over her life

Lady Gaga is probably one of the toughest and strongest people out there. She broke her hip on tour and continued to perform. She did not do this for herself. She did this for her fans. She neglected the pain of her broken hip until it was unbearable and she was forced to cancel the rest of her shows. Like seriously, I get a minor cold and I call Urgent Care. But she had a broken hip and continued to perform. And let's not forget that she probably does some of the most difficult and intense dance moves in her performances, while wearing high heels. That takes some kind of dedication.

And because a broken hip is not enough, she also struggles with fibromyalgia. This causes her to live with chronic pain on a daily basis. Since there is no real cure for fibromyalgia, she can only do treatments that help to relieve the pain temporarily. Yet, she still continues to go all out and does not let her pain stop her from doing anything. We should learn from her, and not let pain stop us from accomplishing what we want.

She can sing, dance, and act

The talent that Lady Gaga possesses is truly unreal. Try to find someone with a better voice than her. Trick question, you can't. Between her voice and choreography, I thought I had seen the extent of her talent. Yet, "A Star is Born" took my obsession with her to a whole other level. I knew she was talented but I never knew she could act. And of course she killed it. The movie also gave her the chance to just sing. She didn't have to focus on putting on a show or some type of performance. Oh, and did I mention that she is also a songwriter? The capabilities of Lady Gaga are endless. She is more than just a singer. She is a real person with real problems. Yet, she somehow seems to have her shit together. So maybe we should all be more like her. A little more Gaga in our lives will never hurt.