9 Summer Jobs For College Students To Safely Work During Quarantine

Extra-money? Here is an article for you!

45

The COVID-19 pandemic has set back our summer vacations, affects our jobs, and hurts our budget. Here are 9 summer jobs that you can safely work from home and earn money, or maybe just 9 ways to spend our quarantine time productively.

Blogging

Unsplash

Yes, I'm blogging about blogging. So what? This is the perfect job for those who want to express yourself, your opinions, and ideas through writing. You can blog whatever you want and whenever you want. It is so flexible. Blogging also serves as a portfolio to show off your marketing and PR skills if you would like to impress your future employers.

Online Tutoring

Unsplash

Tutors! It's time for you to get an upgrade! In the midst of social distancing, the opportunities for online teaching are winning over traditional tutoring. The subjects you can choose to teach are numerous, as well as your students' levels. Of course, you don't have to be an expert in a subject to be an online tutor.

Participate in Online Surveys

Unsplash

This might be the easiest and quickest way to make money. All it takes is a few minutes to fill out some questions! You can take the online surveys whenever you have your free time (which I bet you have a lot because of the quarantine.)

Participate in Focus Group

Unsplash

A lot of companies have quickly adapted to the social-distancing situation and adjusted their focus group studies to online formats. Participating in these studies is similar to doing online surveys. You can provide your opinions about a product, topic of research, or service. The only difference is that this job might take a little bit longer, but it is still really flexible. Also, most companies pay really well for the participants.

Sell Stuff Online

Unsplash

Is it time to clean up your bookshelves and wardrobe? If it is, then let's also use that time to make quick money. You can literally sell anything online, and there are so many platforms you can use to do this like eBay, Craigslist, Poshmark, or even your own social media account. Who knows if someone may be willing to pay that old jacket you haven't worn since middle school.

Social Media Influencer

Unsplash

Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat. Welcome to the era of social media, people! Brands are taking advantage of these platforms to promote their products, and they are willing to pay active social media users who'd like to share influence. So, if you have a massive list of followers, step up and take your chance!

Become a delivery man

Unsplash

Yes, food delivery in social distancing time exists. This job is your chance to take a break from staying at home all the time. But remember, follow the zero-contact rules and wear a mask to keep you and others safe!

Test Websites

Unsplash

Are you a tech-guru? Great! A lot of companies are looking for testers to examine the usability of their apps or websites. On average, the testers earn about $10 per test, and each test only takes from 5 to 25 minutes. All you need is just good communication skills so that you can deliver clear and constructive feedback to the companies.

Freelance Proofreading 

Unsplash

To all the grammar police,

Thank you for your outstanding, if not annoying, service to the dignity of the English language. Now, you hold in grammar and spelling skills an opportunity to become a freelance proofreader and earn a good fortune. You can sell your freelance work to your friends who desperately need someone to fix their final papers, or you can work for companies to edit their publications.