9 Signs That You're Over The Semester

9 Signs That You're Over The Semester

16
9 Signs That You're Over The Semester
www.nkayesel.com

The weather gets a bit cooler, the days are shorter and suddenly you notice that you've reached the awkward point of the semester where you're almost — but not quite free to head home for the holidays. The workload is getting heavier, the weeks standing between you and home are dragging on, and your motivation is slowly dropping. We've all been there before. In fact, it occurs so much throughout the school year, I wrote you down 10 signs that should help you figure out just how over the semester you are.

1. Waking up every morning is a big struggle.

Whether it's for an 8:20 a.m. class or an afternoon class, your bed becomes more comfortable with each passing minute and pressing snooze is more appealing than getting up.

2. Your Netflix to homework ratio is at an all-time high.

You're supposed to be writing a paper, but you never finished that episode you started the night before. You can totally have both Microsoft Word and Netflix open at the same time and still write an amazing paper while you watch your show with no problem...right?

3. You've been counting down to Thanksgiving and Christmas break since Halloween.

Sure it makes time seem like it's going by much slower than it probably is, but seeing the number of days left until break dwindle down, makes you feel happy and excited to head home.

4. You take more naps than the average four-year-old.

Yeah, I know I just woke up four hours ago, but sitting through that lecture and then walking all the way back to my room made me exhausted; so excuse me while I go sleep for a few hours.

5. You start to walk by the library more than you walk in it.

Sure, every time you walk by it you swear you can hear your responsibilities calling after you, begging you to come and pay attention to them. But sitting in your room is much more appealing than sitting in the library.

6. Your motivation to do anything besides eat and sleep is extremely low.

Taking a look at your planner and seeing everything that you have to do is very overwhelming. What's a better way of relaxing than taking a quick nap and snacking? I can tell you the answer to that — nothing.

7. Netflix is officially bae.

As if it wasn't already bae, all of that extra time you've been spending watching whatever it is you watch on Netflix has made it clear that Netflix will always be there for you in your time of need, boredom or procrastination.

8. The thought of finals no longer makes you cringe.

There was once a time where even the slightest mention of finals week made you want to crawl under a rock and hide away forever. Now whenever you're hear the phrase "finals week" you don't think anything of it.

9. You can't wait to be home.

The idea of being back in your town with all of your friends, not having to eat cafe food or sleep in your twin xl bed is almost too good to imagine. Not to mention getting a break from campus and homework and studying- get me home ASAP.

If you're experiencing two or more of these signs, then you're clearly so over the semester. But do not worry because you're not alone! There are millions of college students across the globe who are just as over this semester as you are. Keep your chin up and battle through the next passing weeks until the semester is over.