9 Reasons Why Your Duty Crew Partner Could Be Your Spouse

There’s a secret bond between the two of you that no one else will understand.

1
Jessica Ebersole

Whether you want to admit it or not, your partner will know you better than you even know yourself. Can you blame them, though? After countless hours a week together they know what makes you function and what shuts you down. After all, you’re trapped in an ambulance, police car, or fire station together for a good portion of your day and week.

1. They know what your favorite meal is

Chick Fil A, Number 2, no tomato, with honey mustard for your fries.

2. They can tell what you’re feeling

No joke, the slightest move of a facial muscle and they’re asking what you and your significant other are fighting about.

3. They know your birthday, anniversary, kid’s birthday and every single special date in your life

You will inevitably end up working on your birthday, your kid’s birthday or anniversary at one point in your career. Your partner knows these dates and will most likely get to work a little early to mess with your locker or add balloons to your favorite recliner. Your kids are their kids; Christmas and birthday gifts will be brought in and you’ll do the same for them.

4. They’ve been there with you on your worst calls

They don’t have to ask why you don’t want to go to a certain Dunkin Donuts because they know that after all, this time, you still see the person laying in the parking lot as you pulled up on the scene.

5. They’ve been there with you on your best calls

That lady you saved after an hour of CPR. They were right there with you.

6. They know how you like your coffee or what your favorite energy drink is

If your partner wakes up 10 minutes before you, they brew the coffee and will have a cup with your name on it just how you like it. Not a coffee person? There’s your Red Bull in the fridge.

7. You have inside jokes

Sexy cop. Sexy Medic. Yeah, your partner knows exactly who they are.

8. They know your favorite seat and won’t dare to take it

The recliner will always be left open for you and you won’t even think of going to sit on the couch.

9. There’s a secret bond between the two of you that no one else will understand

This job isn’t easy. It’s not for the weak. You have to be able to put aside personal feelings and be the one who makes order out of chaos. Let’s be honest, you couldn’t be Batman without Robin.