9 Reasons Why I Love Rachel Berry

9 Reasons Why I Love Rachel Berry

No, it's not just because her mom is played by Idina Menzel.

282
9 Reasons Why I Love Rachel Berry
Fansided

1) She has such big dreams.

Ever since she was a little girl she knew that she would be something big. One of my favorite quotes from her is, “‘You might laugh because every time I sign my name I put a gold star after it, but it’s a metaphor, and metaphors are important. My gold stars a metaphor for me being a star.

2) She knows what she wants and is willing to do whatever it takes to get there.

Take NYADA for example, she wasn’t going to take no for an answer when she choked on her audition and I think that was very brave of her (which is something I took away from that), she believed that she deserved another chance and she got it.

3) She takes her stardom very seriously.

But I mean, who wouldn't?

4) Shelby

I think having Shelby involved in Rachel’s life was something important to her growth as a character/person. Having her around made Rachel more able to do things she didn’t think that she could. With the love and support of her mother she soared to new heights. ((And hello, what better choice could they have made by casting Idina Menzel???))

5) Being apart of something special makes you special.

This was something that was so important for me because I’m kind of an outsider and I really related to Rachel in the sense that nobody truly understood her and what she stood for, so when this was said, as you can imagine middle school me totally cried. And of course I still think about it a lot, it’s mostly about inclusion and wanting to be accepted by those around me.

6) Being front and center is everything, never let anyone tell you otherwise.

Need I say more?

7) She's So Confident

She’s the best and she isn’t afraid to tell you.

8) Her support system that she builds.

I think that a support system is the most important aspect of any form of success and the fact that over the years Rachel has accumulated so much positive reinforcement (but there has been negative along the way too, must I bring up the endless slushies to the face?). All slushies aside, the most important thing to have is people who believe in you, pushing you to do the best that you can.

9) She’s proof that no matter where you start out, no matter what you go through in life, you can become anything.

Whether you’re from a small town in Ohio or live three blocks away from Times Square, if you want to be on Broadway, you can do it no matter what. If you can dream it, you can do it. Everything that has ever happened in this world, someone has said, "no, that’s a dumb idea." Don’t let something like that throw you off. You are your own person and if you want to be a star, you better shine brighter than ever.