9 Beauty and Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Beauty Fashion

I Started Using Coconut Oil For These 9 Things And This Is What I Found Out

Coconut oil is becoming increasingly popular, and not only in the kitchen.

310
Christine O'Malley

Coconut oil is becoming increasingly popular, and not only in the kitchen. Before putting it on my face and body, I made sure to do a ton of research. Benefits that I saw numerous times were anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal effects. Another recurring thing I saw was the statement that each person's skin is different. If you're trying to coconut oil on your skin for the first time, its best to use caution.

I first started using coconut oil in hopes that it would reduce my acne. I read that because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects, many studies showed that it could help. I also read that Organic, unrefined oil is the best for the skin. I started by using it on my face after I took off my make up as sort of a night time lotion. As the weeks went on, I saw an improvement in my overall skin texture. My skin was soft and also helped the rosacea on my face. As the weeks went on, I decided to take my coconut oil journey to the next level and use it for many other things in my daily routine. Here are some of the things I tried, and what I found.

1. Makeup remover

Image result for coconut oil as makeup remover

I know this sounds insane. I always believed that anything remotely oily on my face is bound to make me break out. But nope! It's also way cheaper than alternatives like makeup wipes. A jar of coconut oil lasts me for several months.

2. Body wash

Related image

I use a regular body wash first, then the coconut oil after, right before I get out of the shower. This way I don't have to use lotion once I'm done. This has helped my eczema a TON. The bumps on my skin have noticeable reduced.

3. Substitute for coffee creamer

Related image

Just a spoonful of coconut oil and you're set!

4. As chapstick

Related image

Before I go to sleep, I just dab a little of the oil on my fingers and rub in.

5. As a hair serum

Related image

During the winter, and even sometimes when I wash my hair more than once a day, my hair will get super staticy and dry. I just rub a little on my fingers and smooth it into my hair.

6. Substitute for butter

Related image

The first time I tried this I was not the biggest fan, but the health benefits are hard to pass by and the taste grows on you!

7. Ingredient for smoothies

Image result for coconut oil in smoothies

1-2 spoonfuls will do the trick. I found that it improves the texture of the smoothie by making it much more smooth.

8. Treat sunburn

Image result for coconut oil to treat sunburn

The other week I had unbearable sunburn on my shoulders. I put extra coconut oil on my shoulders after my shower and it helped prevent peeling and sped up my skins recovery!

9. Acne treatment

Related image

When I notice a pimple forming, I put a dab of coconut oil as well as a dab of tea tree oil on my fingertips, and leave the treatment overnight.

As you can probably tell, after experimenting with coconut oil, I am now a huge fan. It's natural and relatively inexpensive. There are probably a hundred different ones you can try, but the one I use is

Spectrum, unrefined coconut oil. I hope you found this article useful, and if you're going to try these using coconut oil yourself, good luck!