7 Things Traveling Has Taught Me

7 Things Traveling Has Taught Me

It's not scary, it's very doable

24
7 Things Traveling Has Taught Me

I may not have traveled across the world, and no I haven't completed even half of my bucket list. What I can tell you is that traveling is the best part of my life.

Soul Searching Is Real

I constantly hear people say that they need to vacation and go 'soul searching.' To be honest, I thought this was a load of crap. How do you need to find your soul? Where would I look for my soul? Well it turns out that I was wrong. You don't necessarily find your soul but you find yourself. By stepping away from everyday reality you are able to find who you are.

There Is Much More To The World

There are seven continents, fifty states, and 7.53 billion people in this world. When traveling you can experience this world with your own eyes. You can see things many other people haven't seen. My favorite part, you can meet some of the most amazing people and see a life completely opposite from what we live.

Culture Shock

One of the most memorable experiences I will hold onto is seeing other cultures. Wether it is in a different country or on the other side of the US, I have learned new words, seen new sights and tasted new food. Immersing yourself into a different life is a great learning opportunity and the experience of a lifetime.

Always Be Prepared

Coming from the girl who has missed a flight, sprinted through a airport and forgets something everywhere I go, this is one the most important things to remember. You can NEVER pack too much. Packed six outfits per day? PERFECT! Packed a swimsuit and a winter coat because you never know what Mother Nature will do? PERFECT! Always be prepared.

Don't Miss Flights

This ties in with being prepared but this one needs to be addressed twice. Missing a flight is the most upsetting and frustrating part of traveling. Most airports require you to be checked in at least a hour before your flight but why not be there two hours before? Also, make sure to frequently check your flight status!

Don't Be Afraid Of An Adventure

I have had so many plans and have tried to follow itinerary's but I have realized that it isn't always that easy. I have had some of the most amazing experiences when things just don't go as planned. So don't stress it if your plans change, go with the flow and you might find an amazing adventure.

EVERYONE Needs To Travel At Least Once

Traveling has shown me so many new places and has opened my eyes and my heart more than ever. I recommend that you travel once, because every time I go on a adventure it is worth every penny and moment. I have met some of the most important people in my life, I have seen things many others haven't and countless doors have been opened to new opportunities.