8 Things To Guarantee Your Spring Quarter Is As Stress-Free As Possible

Spring quarter can often be the toughest, especially in Washington State. Here are a few things you can try out this quarter to find motivation.

77

The sun is coming out, and days are getting longer. There's nothing tougher than to be stuck in classes all day while the sun is out and because of this, Spring quarter is one of the toughest to find the motivation for.

Scheduling.

If you don't have one already, get a planner! Your weeks will feel less overwhelming when you get everything written out and can see it all in one place. However, I recommend an hour to hour schedule so you can see when you have gaps for homework and food.

Make Your Bed.

This one might sound a little crazy, however, if you watch this, you'll get a pretty thorough explanation as to how much this can help you start your day.

Keep Your Room Clean!

This is tough to do, but when you have a messy room, it's usually reflecting how you feel and can leave you more flustered or overwhelmed than what school is already making you feel. Find at least an hour just once a week to clean, and no I don't mean shove everything under your bed or in your closet, I mean clothes put away, desk cleaned off, and bed made.

Do Homework Right When You Get Home.

If you have time in between classes to do your homework then I definitely suggest that, but as I said earlier, it can be really hard to not want to be outside while the weather is warming up and the sun is out, so do homework right when you get home. Hopefully, you won't have too much to keep you from cooking dinner and going to bed at a decent time, but once you sit down after a day of classes, you most likely won't have the motivation to do your homework.

Treat Yo'Self!

If you've read any of my past articles, I am a huge fan of self-care through reward. If you pick one or two days a week where you do something you WANT to do, you shouldn't burn out too quickly into the quarter. This could look anything like going window shopping, buying fast food or coffee, and even reading a book you've been wanting to read.

Reminders.

Remind yourself why you're going to school. There are too many reasons to list that people can have for going to school, so think of why you want to go and why you are going. If you have a white-board or some type of message board in your room or apartment, use it!

Make Friends.

Make friends in your new classes. Easier said than done, however, when you have friends in your classes it can make it a lot easier for you to actually want to attend. Be careful with this one because sometimes it can also give you a reason to miss, but don't let that be the case, you're paying to go to school so might as well go. Having friends in your class is just an added perk to going to class.

Keep Up.

Don't let yourself fall behind in your readings for classes, you'll never want to catch up afterward (personal experience). Use a calendar to know your due dates, then use your planner to stay on track.