8 Things To Do Over Winter Break

8 Things To Do Over Winter Break

For those of us who want to do something besides sleep.

13
8 Things To Do Over Winter Break
staticflickr.com

By now we are all on our winter breaks. Hurray! We did it! And for some of us, the break is almost a week long. I know for a fact that after the first couple days, usually after the 28th, I get bored because I have nothing to do. This year, I am determined to use my time wisely so I'm not just sitting at home the whole time. As such, I decided to make a list of some entertaining things to do.

1. Sleep in

Does this really need to be explained? Our sleep-deprived selves really just need to embrace the rest we can get now that finals are over.

2. Spend a day with Friends

Whether it is a small get together or just hanging with a friend, you definitely want to see your friends before you go back to school.

3. Go on a road trip

It could be a day trip, week trip, or even just driving around for an hour with the people you care about. This is something that can really keep you occupied and entertained for a while simply because of all the planning that goes into it.

4. See a movie

While we were all preoccupied with school, a lot of great movies came out. Go out with your friends or family and see that movie you have been waiting to see when you had time.

5. Read a book

Although you just finished reading textbooks, there are so many different genres and types of books to read. I know I have been buying more books than I can read and am going to spend the break trying to get through them all.

6. Do some crafts

There are so many different crafts that can really be useful to you in the future. Some options include painting something to hang in your room or dorm next semester or knitting a scarf for the upcoming cold weather.

7. Clean your room

Although this does not seem like the most fun activity, it certainly does help. As a commuter, I would leave stuff all over my room all last semester and not have time to clean up after myself. But now I do have time and I have started to clean my room. Having a clean room means that you now have more space and also can see your floor. For me, I just feel better with my room clean and feel comfortable bringing friends over. While it is not the best activity, it is certainly rewarding.

There are many other activities that you can do during the break but these are just the most important ones that I thought of.