8 Things I Want To Leave In 2016

8 Things I Want To Leave In 2016

New year, new everything - please.

15
8 Things I Want To Leave In 2016

It's hard to believe that it's the end of 2016. It flew by, and yet so much happened! While some of 2016 we can't leave behind, there are some things I wouldn't mind not seeing in 2017.

1. Cheating

Can everyone just agree to stop messing with other people's feelings and hearts and stuff and just keep it real? If you no longer get that spark with your significant other, want to hook-up with someone else, or just can't stay committed, don't get involved with someone and make them feel like they mean something to you. Communicate, be honest, and stop cheating, please. Save us all the heartbreak.

2. "Bae"

While we're on the subject of relationships, let's leave this term of endearment and bring back the "b" back to the word...babe.

3. "Lit"

In fact, let's just leave any of these terms in 2016.

4. Chip Readers

I get the idea, but do the machines have to be so obnoxious and mean sounding? I don't keep my card in long enough - waa, waa, waa. I keep my card in too long, the machine's buzzing at me again - waa, waa, waa. Not to mention the fact that the chip reader doesn't work half the time, and you have to swipe anyways. *shoulder shrug*

5. Pokémon Go

I totally grew up watching and playing Pokémon with my little brother. In fact, I think we could probably find all of our cards somewhere if we looked hard enough. I'm tired of having to drive 10 mph down Santa Fe so my friends can hit all the Pokéstops and gyms.

6. Facebook Live

The notifications that "(insert name of someone I don't even speak to but am Facebook friends with) is live now!" need to stop. Tell me how to turn these notifications off without having to dig into 12,274 options, and I'll let you carry it into 2017.

7. Mannequin Challenge

"Black Beatles" is officially ruined.

8. Any toxic relationship

Whether you had a tough split with your boyfriend who you thought was "the one" or you just fell off with a close friend, shrug it off and leave them in 2016. Surround yourself with positive, supportive people in 2017 who want what's best for you and motivate you to do better.

See ya later, 2016!