8 Things Penn State Students Know Too Well

You might go to Penn State if...

31
Onward State

1. You have to weave in and out of the crowd

With an obnoxiously large-sized campus, you're bound to be stuck behind groups of people who are walking too slow. Or worse, there's a couple who are holding hands while walking and you can't go around them. No matter who it is, don't count on getting to class anytime soon!

2. You almost get run over

Whether its by a car or a bike, you can count on state college's citizens to plow their way through campus, whether you're in their way or not.

3. You almost run over others

Forget about trying to drive through campus, especially at night. Pedestrians will sprint in front of your car while you're going 40 mph with no shame. Keep your eyes peeled for them, since they don't seem to mind getting hit by you. At least if you hit them, they'll have their tuition paid in full!

4. You drain your wallet on "necessary" items

You can always count on getting robbed by PSU, especially when it comes to school supplies. You bet you'll need 2 textbooks for each class, although one is "recommended", not "required", even though its information will be on the exam. I guess that means they're both required, right..?

5. You're trying not to pass out on your way to class

Even if you're not asthmatic, you will be by the end of the semester. Get your inhalers ready since you'll have to walk across campus for your next class. You're drenched in sweat and trying to catch your breath, but whoops! Your class is on the 3rd floor. At least you'll be able to skip leg day today.

6. Crowded Buses

If you're lucky enough to catch the bus at a decent time, don't count on a comfortable ride, as you'll inevitably be shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of strangers. It's also great when you're breathing in everyone's morning breath and B.O. as you sip your morning coffee. Try to keep things positive when the bus driver tells everyone to "squish together more" even though you already have the person in front of you's hair in your mouth. Ah, yes, I'm so glad I paid $70 for a bus pass.

7. Nowhere to sit

Forget having a place to sit and eat lunch in the HUB! At least you can grab a burrito at the only Chipotle in town...and wait in line for 45 minutes to get it.

8. Not much to do on weekends for introverts

Not a party person? Not into Greek life? Not old enough to sit at the bar? That sucks, I guess it's another Netflix night for you!

All jokes aside, the education here is awesome and there are tons of opportunities to advance your career. Despite this list of inconveniences, Penn State is, in fact, a great school with a beautiful (but excessively large) campus.