8 Things All Freshman Girls Should Bring To Survive Living In Francie

A Guide Living The Francie Struggle

3
Paige Snow

Almost every girl at Ouachita understands the struggle of living in Francis Crawford Hall (Francie). These are just a few tips to survive Francie.

1. A lot of Cleaning Supplies

Let's be honest, Francie life can be rough! Make sure you REALLY clean the bathroom and floors before you start moving in! The school actually lets you come in the night before you move-in and put down carpets, loft your beds, and clean. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

2. Extension Cords

These will save your life! Especially if you have lofts! You can usually buy a set at Walmart for an extension cord, muti-plug, and power strip for like $10.

3. Curtain Rod and Curtain for Closet

This seems small and unneeded, but it really does make a difference. It is a great way to add color to the room and close off the closet and make the room look cleaner for room checks!

4. LOTS of wall decorations (DIY is a cheap option)

YAY CRAFTS!!!!!! This can be a lot of fun and you could even have a group of friends do it together! For those of you that are a little craft-challenged, Hobby Lobby is GREAT and has equally great sales if you catch them at the right time!

5. A Fan

Francie air conditioning can be a little unpredictable. A fan can help you cool down the room when the heat is left on until April. This especially helps when you are on the third floor and your window doesn't like to stay open (the struggle of Francie E 319).

6. A THICK Window Curtain

This could make or break your Saturday-Sleep-In routine! If the curtain is too thin, the sunlight will come blazing in early in the morning and negatively impact how late you sleep! Make sure it does not get too dark in your room, however, because that could hinder your ability to get up for classes.

7. Closet and Desk Organizers

Organizing your space will keep you sane and save you space! It also helps you when cleaning for room checks, if you know where your stuff goes ahead of time.

8. A Good Attitude

Staying positive is key to having a good time in Francie! Some of your best Ouachita memories, and almost ALL of your best Freshmen year memories will come from Francie and the struggles you endured! it's like a right of passage! Enjoy it!