8 Songs Dedicated To My Sister, The Lovely Birthday Girl

8 Songs of lo(hate)ve for my sister

53
Jerry Hernandez

Dear Kris,

I know I don't tell you often enough, or in the best ways (sorry mom!), but you mean the world to me. I know I have not always been the perfect sister, or person for that matter. But you keep me striving to improve myself. You motivate me when I feel like I can't move on, you push me when I need a nudge, and you tell me like it is without any filters. Without you, I would be lost in the world. An anchor. The object of strength that keeps a boat in place while the tides of the ocean rock it back and forth. You are the anchor to life's waves rocking me against my will. You keep me moving when I become paralyzed in fear. To thank you, here are some of the greatest tunes to jump around in your room to (my Yang <3).

1. HUMBLE - Kendrick Lamar

Sit down, B***h. You know why I'm choosing this song as number 1.

2. Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Cause no man is worthy of our love. And if a guy ever thinks he is, he's gotta realize that you and I are a package deal. He can marry you, but he'll be putting up with my stink eye when he annoys you.

3. Hey Look Ma, I Made it - Panic! At The Disco

Every time I listen to anything Panic! I think of you. You spoil me too much and I'm very grateful for it, but I wanted you to know that I'm always thinking of you.

4. Secrets - One Republic

Or really any song from our party. Let's recreate our dance and enjoy the music once again!!

5. Dancing with a Stranger - Sam Smith & Normani

Because everyone needs to dance along to a song with the word dance in the title of the song. Also cause we have impeccable taste in music.

6. HP - Maluma

*Smirking emoji*

7. Stay the Night - Zedd & Hayley Williams

One of our favorite songs from way back when. I remember us being mesmerized by the music video.

8. Here - Alessia Cara

I've always thought of you while listening to this song. Might as well yell along to it and pretend we don't have any neighbors.