8 Signs You Spotted A Jersey Girl In The South

No, they're nothing like the people you see on "The Jersey Shore."

126
Things To Do In New Jersey

Leaving your hometown to go to college is always a struggle for everyone. This struggle is especially significant for any student that goes out of state for college. Becoming accustomed to a different culture is number one hard and number two hilarious. Moving to Georgia from New Jersey for college has been an interesting and beautiful experience all wrapped into one. Life is so different in the New Jersey, so here's 10 ways to spot a Jersey girl in the South.

1. They probably will have some trouble pumping gas.

In New Jersey, the pumps are not self-serving aka an attendant pumps your gas. Call us lazy but it is super convenient when it is negative degrees. So if you see a Jersey girl struggling to pump her gas lend her a hand.

2. Did you just cuss?

We tend to talk like a sailor. Sorry, not sorry.

3. This is not pizza!

Jersey pizza is like nothing in this world. Hand a Jersey girl a chain brand pizza and she probably won't talk to you ever again.

4. Yes, I am from the Jersey Shore. No, it's nothing like the T.V. show.

Don't ever ask a Jersey shore girl about the t.v. show. First of all those people are not even from the shore or even Jersey. Locals know the shore to be a beautiful coastal community, not some trashy reality show about tourists.

5. She'll be blasting Bruce Springsteen.

If New Jersey had an anthem I am sure it would be Springsteen. Don't be surprised if your Jersey friend knows all the lyrics.

6. They talk fast.

New Jersey tends to be fast pace because it is so close to NYC. If you can't keep up just ask us to slow down. Sometimes I have to remember not everyone moves at a million miles a second.

7. Wait, where is the hockey?

Sure hot places have hockey but it's just not the same. So if you see a hockey game playing in the bar you know why.

8. They are some of the best friends you will ever have.

Sure we may cuss, have an attitude, and may be the boss of things. But, a Jersey girl, especially from the shore, is down to just have a good time. We never take life too seriously and value the friendships we make. So if you meet someone on campus from Jersey get to know them, who know they could become your life long friend.