7 Of The Weirdest Thanksgiving Foods

7 Of The Weirdest Thanksgiving Foods

4
7 Of The Weirdest Thanksgiving Foods

It’s about that time of the year when the thrill of Halloween has ended and we are on the precipice of 24/7 Christmas music. Yup, it is the holiday that Target and Kmart always seem to forget when decorating their stores with snowmen and reindeer, its Thanksgiving!

We all finally get that break after midterms that everyone is in desperate need of. A break from the dorms and doing our laundry and most importantly, a break from the dining halls. Ohhhh yes. Finally we get to sit down to a big Thanksgiving dinner and forget about every radioactive piece of food we have had at school. So, keeping that lovely thought in mind, I thought I would write a little something on the great feasts we are all looking forward to. But, instead of writing about the typical things we see every year, I am going to introduce you all to the weirdest foods of Thanksgiving.

1. Tofurky and Gravy Soda

No, you didn’t read it wrong, according to Delish.com this drink is one of many seasonal limited- edition products made by Jones Soda co. The “Vegan friendly, sugar-free” drink is a take on the vegetarian turkey dinner. Mmm. Thirsty anyone? (Keep it PG people).

2. Turkey Dinner Layer Cake

Yeah, no this is not some fancy name for a dessert at grandmas. The Turkey Dinner Layer Cake is your entire meal at thanksgiving, in a cake. The layers are made up of “stuffing and ground turkey mixed with instant oatmeal, ‘frosted’ with mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, and topped with lightly browned mini marshmallows,” according to Delish.com. Honestly I can’t tell if this is horrible or pure genius. 

3. Ham and Banana Casserole

This creation has been made at the hands than none other than, Paula Dean, the Queen of fried everything. According to MentalFloss.com, this piece is simply made of bread, cheese, cream, ham and four bananas. Shout out to Paula for this, um, interesting dessert.

4. Pumpkin Pie Fortune Cookies

So here’s a twist on tradition! Delsih.com brings us Pumpkin pie fortune cookies. Made with pumpkin, ginger cinnamon and nutmeg, they come in dark, milk and white chocolate, complete with words of wisdom inside. It’s always good to remain open to other cultures and hey, anything with chocolate? I am sold.

5. Turkey Gravy Cranberry Cupcake

Made by ‘Yummy Cupcakes’ in California, this treat is a turkey-flavored cake, with turkey gravy, filled in with cranberry relish and cranberry cream cheese. Thank you Delish.com, Sweet and Savory? Yes and yes.

6. Herbert’s Boneless Turkey Stuffed with Alligator Dressing

“Herbert’s bayou-style birds”, carried by the authentic Cajun restaurant, Herbert’s Specialty Meats, are 8-10 pound turkeys stuffed with a mixture of sautéed onion, tomato, white rice and you guessed it, alligator. Guess we’ll be telling the turkey to ‘seeya later alligator’ ha ha ha, all right I’ll stop.

7. Mashed Potatoes and Gravy Jelly Beans

Before all the food is set on the table and you’re starving smelling all of it from the living room, why not have a snack? From the world of Harry Potter, I give you, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy Edition. The beans are perfect for this season and with extra flavors of ketchup and sausage, you’ll have no time keeping your appetite.

So with the help of the wonderful world of the Internet, there you have it. Some of the weirdest foods of Thanksgiving from all over the country. Food is a very important part of the tradition of Thanksgiving, but what it’s really about, is being with family and friends and being thankful for everything we have in our lives. And Ryan Gosling. Happy Turkey Day everyone!