7 Ways To Celebrate Your Birthday -- For Free!

It's your special day, so why should you have to pay?

124
Piece of Cake

There are lots of fun ways to celebrate your birthday, be it through local attractions, gifts or food and drink. But what's better than any of that? Getting those things for free! Here's a list of seven things you can do to celebrate without so much as touching the bank.

1. Visit the Georgia Aquarium.

If you live in Atlanta, the Georgia Aquarium is definitely one of the places you should visit. If you bring a valid ID or birth certificate with you on your birthday, you'll get free admission! (Note, however, that you must be a Georgia resident for this one. Sorry, out-of-state folks!)

2. Receive a birthday gift from Sephora.

If you're into beauty, you might want to check this one out. If you sign up to be a Beauty Insider at Sephora, you can receive a free birthday gift at checkout (either online or in store) at any time during your birth month. For this year, you get to choose between a Fresh mini skincare set and a Marc Jacobs Beauty mini lipstick and eyeliner duo.

3. Treat yourself to a stack of pancakes at IHOP.

If you join IHOP's Pancake Revolution, you'll get a free stack of pancakes annually on the anniversary of your joining and, more importantly, on your birthday.

4. Pancakes not for you? Try Waffle House instead.

Or do both. I don't judge. Breakfast food is good. Just sign up to join the Waffle House Regulars Club, and you'll get free waffles on your birthday.

5. Get yourself some Starbucks.

Whether or not you're a coffee drinker, Starbucks has a present for you. If you join their rewards program (either with a gift card or a star code) at least 30 days before your birthday, you'll get a free food or drink item on your birthday, as well as an additional 15 percent off coupon.

6. Donut miss your free Dunkin' Donuts drink.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made that pun. I know that was bad. But what isn't bad is the fact that the Dunkin' Donuts DD Perks program offers you a free drink of any size any time during your birth month.

7. Scream for ice cream at Baskin Robbins.

Who needs cake when you've got ice cream? (Well, plenty of people do, but that's beside the point.) Baskin Robbins has a Birthday Club that you can join to get a free scoop of ice cream on your birthday. That's pretty sweet of them, isn't it?

If you look around, you'll find plenty of ways to make your special day even better. Lots of companies want to make their customers happy (and get them to sign up for their rewards programs), so take advantage of it. And if today's your birthday, happy birthday to you!