7 Ways to Make Your Ramen Better

When times are tough and you have to pinch pennies, college kids willingly live on cheese and crackers, pop tarts, and (the fan favorite) ramen noodles. Whether it's your average Cup Noodles or your Top Ramen packets, not many people will protest gobbling down carbs, as long as their bellies are full.

That is, until it becomes an every day meal and you don't enjoy eating anymore. Well, I am here to tell you that there is a solution. Below are some secret recipes that I have collected from friends that solve your impoverished eating habits.

"Prison Break"

It sounds like a weird mix at first, but it's apparently really delicious. First you take a Cup Noodle (chicken flavored) and cook it, then you remove all of the broth. Then you take cheese dip, summer sausage, pickles, and small bag of nacho cheese Doritos and warm it up a little. Then you have your new meal!

Lime Juice

You take your Top Ramen and your Cup Noodles, pour out half of the broth and add lime juice to your leisure, however sour you'd want.

"Maryland Ramen"

Cook your Shrimp flavored Ramen as normal, add some Old Bay seasoning, and maybe some pre-steamed imitation crab, depending on your feelings of crab. This is a good mix, and pays lovely homage to Maryland.

Eggs!

A lot of asian countries put eggs in their ramen because it's just so good. They can be poached, egg-dropped, fried, hardboiled, etc. A lot of recipes call for eggs to be seasoned with soy sauce. Maybe consider making this your next dish.

Sriracha and Garlic Powder

If you have an affinity for spicy food, you definitely should drop a few teaspoons of Sriracha in your ramen and a dash of garlic powder. Apparently, it's the bomb. I have yet to try it.

Lemon Garlic

A little bit of lemon and garlic powder goes a long way. A tangy and savory twist to your chicken flavored ramen could be your next go-to money-saving meal.

Breakfast Burrito Ramen!

All you'll do is take your ramen, cook it, drain the noodles, add some cheese, and roll it in a tortilla! This is my personal favorite. You can also add some extra sauce if you want, but it's all up to your taste.

I hope these recipes were helpful, and you won't get tired of Ramen any time soon! Eventually you'll be back to normal meals, I promise!