7 Tips For Traveling

7 Tips For Traveling

Don't miss any of these ideas to make your trip complete!

6073
7 Tips For Traveling

Whether it's a day trip, an out-of-state journey, or an experience leaving the country, here are some tried and true traveling tips.

Before any trip, we all think about what to pack and what to bring. We may have a strict itinerary, or we may have looser guidelines for what to do when. But we should also consider the following - make them goals:

1. Go somewhere you've never been

commons.wikimedia.org

Even if you're going to a place you've been before, go somewhere you haven't been. That might be a tourist hot spot, a restaurant, a park ... it doesn't matter. Just somewhere new.

2. Meet a stranger

freesvg.org

It might just be small talk, but meet someone new each day you're away.

3. Keep a travel log

www.flickr.com

Take note of where you've been and what you're doing each day. You never know when you'll want to look back on this - it could be years down the road!

4. Find a souvenir

Sheetal Tadiparty

It may sound cliché, but securing some sort of a momento & bringing it home with you is a great way to remember a trip. And part of why we travel in the first place is for the memories.

5. Leave something behind

It doesn't even have to be something physical. It might be a good impression with those you encounter, a bit of advice for someone, or anything else in the "leave it better off than you found it" realm.

6. Post to social media

phone with social mediaFlickr Creative Commons

You're not even doing it to brag. Think about it as letting people know about a destination you found appealing; making a recommendation; promoting some local tourism. And logging that memory for yourself.

7. Find time to reflect

www.flickr.com

Make time for yourself while traveling. It's easy to forget this but moments of stillness and reflection are key.